General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 26-May-15 22:38:37
Print Post

Pulse8

[link to this post]

Sure ive seen a few people mention them on here before. Anyone with them and are they a decent ISP? Looking to move to Xilo eventually but need somewhere to go between now and when Xilo take orders again (if Pulse8 are good wont move). Coms been sold so want to jump ship before another forced supplier change like last time

I know they use TTB which is the main reason i thought of them
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-May-15 00:12:03
Print Post

Re: Pulse8

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

I and one or two others here are with Pulse8. Thus far, i have found their customer service second to none, which is exactly what they claim will keep customers. Adam hates long contract tie-ins, so there are none, not even for fibre. Lowest ever call costs, with no call connection fee and per second billing. They have jumped through hoops to sort my flaky line, much better than Zen/Enta who just made things worse. All engineer visits were with the promise of NO CHARGE whatever the outcome. TTB if your exchange is unbundled, BTW if not. What's not to like?

Edited by professor973 (Wed 27-May-15 00:13:47)

Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-May-15 00:23:35
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Yea i emailed them tonight and got a reply at 11pm, so that was great.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-May-15 00:33:27
Print Post

That is the sort of service you get. Adam has spent hours while on the phone to me adjusting my service for stability on a bad line. Some old ally somewhere it seems. But it passed the phone line check when the engineer visited, so there is nothing they will do. My answer is to switch to fibre. You will find customer service excellent.

Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-May-15 12:58:02
Print Post

How long does it take to switch once you submit your order?

Also can they change target snr and interleaving etc?

Edited by bobble_bob (Wed 27-May-15 13:00:11)

(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-May-15 13:24:00
Print Post

About a week lead time. Yes, alterations can be made. I have been on the phone to Adam while he has made snr, interleaving and profile adjustments on his control panel to stabalise my old line. As for the 2:1 & 3:1 broadband priority - It's a priority over standard TT customers, not contention rates. His full reply to my query below, also posted elsewhere here.

Hi Alan,

We’ve been very careful not to mention “contention ratios” on our site as these don’t really exist on our network anymore (Apart from very old IPStream exchanges)

As far as I am aware or rather have been told previously, customers connected to the standard Talk Talk network (not Talk Talk Business) get a standard priority of 7:1 with 7 being the lowest priority and 1 being the highest.

Our Basic XLHome package which is the base offering on the Talk Talk Business network has 3:1 priority on our Talk Talk network which as such gives it a greater priority against the Millions of Talk Talk home users on the Standard Talk Talk network. This is a good thing.

Our XLPlus packages have a priority of 2:1 and the XLPro Package have our highest network priority i.e. 1:1

Of course we can’t really mention anything about Talk Talk on our website (which is a tad difficult when the connections show up as Talk Talk) so I haven’t bothered.

Of course all of the above depends all the other factors like the quality of your line, your distance from the local exchange (or cab if on fibre) and how much bandwidth is available on your local exchange. We do no throttle and always give as much as is available BUT if an exchange does get maxed out and you find that things do slow down then you’ll be better off with a XLPro or XLPlus connection.

On the bundle side, a XLPlus with business line would get fixed quicker than a XLPlus on a home line (care level 2 on the line instead of care level 1)

In fact we’ve only ever had 2 customers who’ve had slowdowns, these were on the Chagford exchange (OpenReach IPstream only). Upgrading them from our 8Mb to 8Mb+ fixed the issue of in the day slowdowns up until last month when a faulty card affect 96 people in the village. Took use several weeks of shouting to fix that one but all 96 customers are now happy, even though only 2 of them were our customers wink

Having said all that… It has been a while since I queried our prioritisation against standard traffic on the TTB network so I’ll get some more technical BEEF for you as I might be out of date.

Feel free to edit / post my vague wanderings as you will.

Kind Regards

Adam Fullalove

Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-May-15 13:34:51
Print Post

So for sake of any extra quid (BB adsl only) may aswell go for the 2:1 offering
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-May-15 14:16:34
Print Post

Yeah, that's what I did, which gives me a fixed IP. That suits for pulling media from my NAS when away at this location.

Standard User AAuser27
(member) Wed 27-May-15 15:58:13
Print Post

Adam Fullalove.

haha totally made up but I will order their service based on the name alone smile
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-May-15 16:24:43
Print Post

[re: AAuser27] [link to this post]

Well many company director registers and 192.com are happy with the name and I am happy with them, but I see nothing AA about AA other than rip-off prices.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to