General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User burble
(learned) Tue 16-Jun-15 20:12:00
Print Post

TalkTalk 'special offer' fibre vs Plusnet standard price

[link to this post]

Am I missing somethng?
Am looking to switch to FTTC, which may give us the dizzily fast speed of 5Mb (where's the sarky icon?).
Anyway, at present I'm out of contract with TalkTalk on an evening and weekend phone deal plus broaband LLU, they are offering me a 'special offer' of £5 extra for 6 months then rising to £15 extra for rest of term, this makes it £31.70 inc. for 6 months then going up to £41.70!
Looking at Plusnet, they have no special offers on fibre+evenings and weekends phone, but their standard price appears to be £30.94 inc., if this is correct Plusnet are hands down winners, or is there something i've overlooked?
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 16-Jun-15 20:23:06
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk 'special offer' fibre vs Plusnet standard price

[re: burble] [link to this post]

Plusnet have significant cashback, check out their current offer at http://www.quidco.com/
Standard User burble
(learned) Wed 17-Jun-15 09:09:40
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Spud2003:
Plusnet have significant cashback, check out their current offer at http://www.quidco.com/

This would seem to be an extra £75 back to me, on top of saving £10 month for most of the contract, it all seems too good to be true, I still keep thinking there must be some catch I'm missing.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User azrael316
(regular) Wed 17-Jun-15 09:23:11
Print Post

No Catch, just a lot of leg work on your part to get your cashback. wink
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 17-Jun-15 11:00:51
Print Post

Watch out for the 38/20 product withdrawal from today. The new one is 38/2. As of course is TalkTalk. I haven't checked the price or offers/cashbacks.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 17-Jun-15 11:03:40)

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Wed 17-Jun-15 13:02:19
Print Post

Take a look at EE prices...

FTTC Broadband speeds up to 38Mb/sec with Anytime mobile calls, Anytime UK landline calls, £9.95 a month for 6 months then £24.95 a month. Pay monthly (18 months) All plans subject to line rental at £16.40 a month.

https://broadband.ee.co.uk/home.do

Wow! I might go for it myself at that price, although I pay £19.50 per month for ADSL2+ broadband unlimited with weekend and evenings UK landline calls, the price including line rental. wink

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box 1 ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Wed 17-Jun-15 13:19:39)

Standard User burble
(learned) Wed 17-Jun-15 13:12:51
Print Post

[re: azrael316] [link to this post]

And today Plusnet have added a small sweetner, £5/month discount for first 6 months, over the course of 18 month contract this comes to around £150 saving even without the cashback compared to staying with TalkTalk.
Why I find it odd is that for many years I've been a Tiscali/TalkTalk customer and they have always offered me a deal which made it not worth changing to another provider, but now they seem to have lost the plot.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 17-Jun-15 16:04:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by burble:
This would seem to be an extra £75 back to me, on top of saving £10 month for most of the contract, it all seems too good to be true, I still keep thinking there must be some catch I'm missing.

No catch. I signed up with Plusnet about a month ago, using Topcashback(like Quidco). The cashback was about £90 - the cashback has already been paid into my bank. Before that I also used cashback with TalkTalk, again no problems.
Standard User jickmoss
(newbie) Sat 18-Jul-15 08:44:54
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk 'special offer' fibre vs Plusnet standard price *DELETED*

Post deleted by MrSaffron
  Print Thread

Jump to