General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User astanden
(regular) Wed 26-Aug-15 10:37:33
Print Post

Fibre BB and calls package

[link to this post]

Hi folks,

With BT putting prices up again I thought I'd look at alternatives. I've currently got BT infinity unlimited downloads and the unlimited day, evening and weekend calls package. Does anyone else offer the equivalent? I've looked around but the only ones I have found either have download limits or only evening and weekend calls.

Thanks,

Adam

MacBook Pro 15" 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 8GB RAM 500 GB HDD
iPad (3rdGen) 32GB
iPhone 5 16GB

BT Infinity FTTC Unlimited
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 26-Aug-15 11:38:58
Print Post

Re: Fibre BB and calls package

[re: astanden] [link to this post]

You are looking for a package with anytime calls and you can do this with a number of providers

e.g. Sky Anytime call pack is an extra £8 per month
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/sky/package/1455.html

TalkTalk also offer anytime at £7.21 per month
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/talktalk/package/1...

There will be more but that is the two biggest names, they are not promoted as the main package, but anytime calls are elements you add to the bundle when ordering.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 26-Aug-15 12:06:55
Print Post

Have you ever checked your phone bill to see how many calls you make under your Anytime package?

At £6pm, now rising to £7pm isn't it with BT, which gives 600-700 minutes of calls with the cheaper rental companies. Factor in the cheaper rental and the number of minutes that would pay for and you'd be hard pushed to pay more than the rental saving.

For instance I just moved my line from BT to pulse8broadband. BT was costing me £24.31pm just on rental once adding in caller display and basic 1571. I had E & W.

Now on £14pm including caller display and free 1571. At 1ppm with per second billing and no call setup charges that's an awful lot of calls I can make, (over 1000 minutes), even without the 600-700 minutes I would have had available from stopping Anytime if I'd had it.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 26-Aug-15 12:07:51)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Aug-15 14:04:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by astanden:
With BT putting prices up again I thought I'd look at alternatives. I've currently got BT infinity unlimited downloads and the unlimited day, evening and weekend calls package. Does anyone else offer the equivalent? I've looked around but the only ones I have found either have download limits or only evening and weekend calls.
Consider EE you get more for your money, their line rental £13.75 a month if you pay 12 months upfront (£165), otherwise £16.40.
Fibre broadband speeds up to 38Mb/sec unlimited with anytime phone calls + International calls + 1000 minutes to UK mobiles at anytime £24.95 per month. wink

Edit. Oh, I forgot to mention you also get BT answer 1571 and BT caller display. smile

https://broadband.ee.co.uk/home.do

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box 1 ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Wed 26-Aug-15 14:43:38)

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 27-Aug-15 09:46:01
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

RobertoS previously made the same suggestion to me. I therefore looked at my recent BT bills and calculated that on Pulse8 I'd be paying around £3 per month in call charges.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
  Print Thread

Jump to