General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bigell1993
(newbie) Fri 27-Nov-15 13:28:19
Print Post

Want to move away from BT

[link to this post]

Looking at moving away from BT due to costs - Line Rental saver/Anytime phone/unlimited broadband currently paying full price everything (out of contract). BT wont budge on price (down to £22 a month + line rental).

https://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/LCKST

No FTTC yet for us but our cab is nearing completion so would like an ISP I could upgrade to FTTC with. Would like to use BB in the evenings so no traffic shaping if possible.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 27-Nov-15 14:00:11
Print Post

Re: Want to move away from BT

[re: bigell1993] [link to this post]

I would seriously wait until FTTC is available, as with nearly every other ISP unlimited ADSLx on that exchange will cost you the same sort of figure with any other.

The only really viable option at the moment would be Sky. The danger of that they may not think it worth enabling your exchange for FTTC even though the BT Wholesale retailers will have it, and I think you would be stuck in a 12-month contract with Sky.

It may be possible to check that, (Sky FTTC provision there), but it would need someone with up-to-date knowledge of the FTTC rollout to do that for you. I haven't got that. They would need to know the cabinet number on the phone cabinet.

FTTC is of course generally more expensive than ADSLx, once you exhaust any new customer huge discount.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 27-Nov-15 17:19:46
Print Post

Re: Want to move away from BT

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

But there is no 21CN at his exchange therefore any BT based FTTC services are likely to come from a bigger exchange. Chances are the bigger exchange will also have Sky network connected to the Fibre headend so he should be able to order Sky fibre once his cab goes live.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business Fibre 79999/20000 kbps