General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Futons
(newbie) Sun 21-Feb-16 15:47:17
Print Post

Looking for suitable ISP

[link to this post]

Hello all,

I'm about to move house and from what I can tell it looks as if Virgin Media don't serve the street I'm moving to. I also can't get Sky or TalkTalk fibre, but BT Infinity is available. My exchange is: https://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/EANCN

I don't have much in the way of criteria other than unlimited, a good reliability record and not hideously expensive (my current Virgin plan is around £40). A friend highly recommends PlusNet but I'm admittedly more than a little bit sceptical, especially of the upload speed of their basic fibre package. We're a family of four and I don't think it will be enough. It's otherwise ideal.

Suggestions are incredibly welcome and if anyone has experience with ISPs in the Norwich North exchange area, it would be great to hear from you.
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Sun 21-Feb-16 18:07:25
Print Post

Re: Looking for suitable ISP

[re: Futons] [link to this post]

Why is Sky/TT unavailable to you?

Got a function?
We've got it covered!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 21-Feb-16 18:10:44
Print Post

[re: Deadbeat] [link to this post]

I wondered if they haven't had GEA cables installed, as it is only "some areas" of the exchange with VM also in on the act. It might simply be not worth it to them.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Sun 21-Feb-16 18:28:15
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Deleted

Got a function?
We've got it covered!

Edited by Deadbeat (Sun 21-Feb-16 18:29:55)

Print Thread

Jump to