General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User HerodotusGreek
(newbie) Wed 20-Apr-16 18:23:39
Print Post

BT Landline

[link to this post]

I have a 12-month BT landline contract - that is prepaid - with 9 months left. I also have from BT a free calls package and unlimited broadband. The broadband is slow - never reaches 2Mb download - but I think very expensive compared to BT deals for NEW customers and that after 12 years waiting the prospect of fibre is no nearer. The Broadband + Calls package is around £28 per month.
I appreciate that moving to a new broadband provider will not increase my speed but hopefully it would reduce the cost.
As far as I can see my problem in switching the provider is the 9-months (around £90) prepaid line rental to BT. Is my only option to wait for thsi to expire and then switch provider?
I would be grateful for any advice?
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Thu 21-Apr-16 11:53:36
Print Post

Re: BT Landline

[re: HerodotusGreek] [link to this post]

Plusnet would allow you to keep your BT land line. I think your would have to pay a bit more.

Michael Chare
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 21-Apr-16 12:34:57
Print Post

On the download speed side, what are the attenuation, connection speed and noise margin figures from the modem?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lelboy
(committed) Thu 21-Apr-16 13:24:03
Print Post

Hello, I don't see any issue using another provider for the last months at BT who, unfortunately, you do have to remain with - to get full use of your prepayment. Sadly, there's nothing devious about them not giving a refund, as they tell you that clearly at the beginning. Having said that, it's still a rip-off - with no justification that I can see!
  Print Thread

Jump to