General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User keymaster
(committed) Fri 20-May-16 14:09:29
Print Post

Vodafone sales call

[link to this post]

Hi
Justr had a call from Vodafone sales person, as I have my mobile broadband and mobile phone with them.
Geezer says we can do you a fantastic deal on fttc broadband also, better than anybody else as "we use all four cables inside your line in order to give you two lines for the price of one. The two lines connect to the Vodafone router to give extra stability and load balancing." I am guessing this is total garbage, or is it?
thanks
K

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 20-May-16 14:15:05
Print Post

Re: Vodafone sales call

[re: keymaster] [link to this post]

Yes

Use the Ginp Formula to determine if your vdsl2 connection is with or without G.INP.
Divide your IP Profile by your Sync Speed and the answer is 0.9669 (with) or 0.9679 (without)
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 20-May-16 14:45:36
Print Post

Was this a call to a business number of yours? It sounds like their business solution "Flexible Computing".

At the consumer broadband level - yes. Garbage.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59240/14753kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 20-May-16 14:46:22)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User keymaster
(committed) Fri 20-May-16 15:13:38
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi
Thanks guys, Lines is not business, but they called me on my mobile (which is also not business - they called from 01709 918609
cheers
K

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 20-May-16 15:17:55
Print Post

Ummmm. Follow this link. Particularly 12/5/2016 comment.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User keymaster
(committed) Fri 20-May-16 15:25:22
Print Post

Hi
wow, well he was able to access my accounts, useage and tell how many accounts I had with Voda without me telling him anything., strange.
K

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 20-May-16 15:38:31
Print Post

There are several phone number checkers. I just googled "who calls from 01709918609".

Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-May-16 16:47:08
Print Post

Number held by gamma Telecom Holdings according to whocallsme.com. I usually find answers there. http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01709918609
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 20-May-16 16:55:14
Print Post

By the way, the rather garish speed test result in your sig is defunct. Not that speed test results in a sig are of any use or interest anyway wink.

Standard User keymaster
(committed) Fri 20-May-16 17:08:08
Print Post

Hi
Not changed for years - now resolved thank you
  Print Thread

Jump to