General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User EffTee
(newbie) Fri 01-Jul-16 12:53:20
Print Post

Moving Line from Plusnet

[link to this post]

My cabinet has recently been upgraded to fibre. I'm currently with PN for both line and broadband. I'm trying to decide whether or not to upgrade to the PN 80/20 offering and try and get some sort of retention offer or to go elsewhere. In terms of best value it looks like splitting the line/broadband elements might be the way to go. Pulse8 line rental and call charges seem very cheap. I could then pay the £2.50 penalty for going broadband only with PN.

Have many people done this? I assume I'd need to wait until the line transfer had completed before doing anything on the broadband side.

Thanks.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 01-Jul-16 13:12:30
Print Post

Re: Moving Line from Plusnet

[re: EffTee] [link to this post]

As I'm sure you know, several of us have moved our phone to Pulse8, both from Plusnet and from other high-priced suppliers.

The problem you have is that upgrading to Plusnet FTTC with phone could mean your phone line also goes on to the eighteen month minimum term, and that upgrading to it with the phone at Pulse8 (or anywhere else) would trigger the setup/activation charge that is waived when taking the bundle.

Not helped by the fact it seems asking the chat line or other help service often gives incorrect answers on questions like the first option there.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59500/14989kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User EffTee
(newbie) Sat 02-Jul-16 08:18:28
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks RobertoS. I've kicked off the process with Pulse8 - will see how it goes.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jb66
(committed) Mon 04-Jul-16 10:27:28
Print Post

[re: EffTee] [link to this post]

Since yesterday when the BT offer has ended there has been a shift in prices, Sky offer is only 6 months when it used to be 12 and only decent bt offer seems to be via uswitch
  Print Thread

Jump to