General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User keymaster
(committed) Wed 30-Nov-16 22:39:41
Print Post

Re: FTTC 80/20 options

[re: 1345green] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 1345green:
wutr, Did you decide on anything and how did it go?

Talk Talk Business informed me they have 20:1 contention ratio on business broadband and 100:1 on residential. I didn't know if it's relevant for fibre but does suggest a difference between residential and business.

Hi
Its amazing how many of my previous suppliers quoted that line (including my current provider). I am not sure how much BS is involved in this statement but I found it made not one bit of difference and was never mentioned again after I signed the contract.
saying that I have never been a customer of TT Business.
K
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Thu 01-Dec-16 11:59:54
Print Post

[re: wutr] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wutr:
In reply to a post by 1345green:
wutr, Did you decide on anything and how did it go? [...]

Well, yes. I was planning to post here when the service went live, as I'm still in the 14 day cooling off period should I decide to change my mind.

I ended up choosing value for money and compromised on upload speed to get BT infinity 1 (52/10). The Black Friday deal, mastercard and topcashback meant the average monthly is less than £16, it's only a 12 month contract (in case I really don't like it it won't cost the earth to cancel) and it has IPv6. So that's where I'm at at the moment.

That's a fairly good choice

My infinity 2 line runs out at midnight and I have had no problems in the 2 years I've had it - never had to call support and it's never gone down apart from in power cuts. I also found the HH5vB to be the best hub I had - the 6 was okay in my view but not earth shattering.

I had talk talk business installed about a month ago and I got a large cashback sum then. Not sure if anyone saw but the BT cashback was hitting the £250 mark a few days ago on TCB but is now back to the £110 level.

Good choice all round. Although you could save more if you switched your line rental to somewhere like Pulse8 or elsewhere as cheap (£6 a month) and then had your Infinity1 service too.

Just a suggestion.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 01-Dec-16 12:47:07
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Pulse8 line rental at £8 is only if you take their broadband as well. I think probably MPF. Whereas their £13 rental is WLR3, and I'm not sure that as of the recent revamp BT still do their broadband products unbundled from rental. The prices are certainly higher if they do.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/15448kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Thu 01-Dec-16 14:17:37
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ah okay thanks for the clarification.

I believe they still do .
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to