General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User agnits
(newbie) Mon 09-Jan-17 12:56:20
Print Post

Looking for a new ISP

[link to this post]

Hi guys

Nearly 18months ago I was looking at moving to AAisp as a few threads on here said it was pretty good. - Stupidly I decided to give Plusnet another chance.

What I'm wondering is;
Are AAisp still good and worth the extra £?
Any alternatives to consider? - I'd prefer static IP. I am Market 1 exchange so no sky etc.

Also its looking likely that I am moving house to a neighbouring street and would still be under contract with Pnet for < 2months. Same fibre cabinet etc. I can't really handle a major break in services due to work. How painless (or painful) is it to move house with plusnet? Or is it easier to let the contract run (and pay to cease) and take up new isp service on new house line from the get go?

Dan
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Jan-17 09:05:53
Print Post

Re: Looking for a new ISP

[re: agnits] [link to this post]

If you take up the house move with Plusnet, unless you pay for the move, you will be locked in to a new contract with Plusnet.

I'm finding AAISP is everything promised.

There's a number of sad tales on the Plusnet community forums where people have been left with no connection for an extended period.

Have you read http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/t/4518007-w...

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016)
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User agnits
(newbie) Wed 11-Jan-17 10:19:55
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Thanks Jelv

I can indeed relate to much of your "leaving" post. I have been a customer for around 8 years. Reminds me of a saying.. Just because its cheap doesn't mean it is good value.

A concern of mine about moving was the famous plusnet ordering system.. I was afraid that they wouldn't be able to raise an order / move for the fibre service until the phone service had been moved, completed and fed back to their system... adding an unnecessary gap in service..

However I don't want to enter into a new contract with them so looks like letting the contract expire and then pay to cease whilst taking out a new service with AAisp or similar at the new property is the best bet.

Dan

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User NJSS
(regular) Wed 11-Jan-17 12:52:44
Print Post

Looking for a new ISP - AAisp are excellent

In my experience AAisp are still excellent & worth the extra ££s.

NJSS

Standard User huwwatkins
(committed) Wed 11-Jan-17 13:04:32
Print Post

I don't think AAISP are taking connections from Market 1 exchanges anymore.
Standard User agnits
(newbie) Wed 11-Jan-17 13:10:33
Print Post

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

It let me get all the way through the order the other day :/

I've just checked with AAISP online chat though and they do confirm that is the case on 20CN ADSL.

Going to have to look at alternative providers.

Edited by agnits (Wed 11-Jan-17 13:16:03)

Print Thread

Jump to