General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Nightglow
(member) Fri 21-Apr-17 17:56:38
Print Post

Moving ISP

[link to this post]

Been with BT quite a few years & I've been thinking about moving to Sky.
Have had a lot of hassle with my connection in the past, dropped connection,low speed,etc.
After having cabling work done & being moved, I presently get 75/14, will I continue to get this speed,this is what concerns me & has made me reluctant to move to Sky in the past, as I don't want to be moved to another port in cabinet & lose the present speed.

Don't particularly want to jump out of the pan & into the fire.

Any other disadvantages moving to Sky I have over looked.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 21-Apr-17 17:58:29
Print Post

Re: Moving ISP

[re: Nightglow] [link to this post]

If you order an up to 76 Mbps service then speeds should be similar, a different port should not give different speeds per se, unless there is a fault with the wiring in the cabinet and VDSL2 cabinet.

Variations may occur due to different broadband modems, since not all VDSL2 modems behave identical.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 961a
(member) Fri 21-Apr-17 19:03:20
Print Post

Re: Moving ISP

[re: Nightglow] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Nightglow:
Been with BT quite a few years & I've been thinking about moving to Sky.
Have had a lot of hassle with my connection in the past, dropped connection,low speed,etc.
After having cabling work done & being moved, I presently get 75/14, will I continue to get this speed,this is what concerns me & has made me reluctant to move to Sky in the past, as I don't want to be moved to another port in cabinet & lose the present speed.

Don't particularly want to jump out of the pan & into the fire.

Now troubles are sorted and you are getting good speeds why not find out how much you'll save by moving to Sky and present this to BT retentions and see how close they will come to matching it

For the sake of an odd fiver a month I'd stay put bearing in mind you'll start with a new router etc etc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to