General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Philce
(experienced) Wed 24-May-17 20:20:46
Print Post

Renew or move?

[link to this post]

Currently on 80/20 FTTC from plusnet and get good full speed sync, speeds are as expected for a budget ISP and overall I'm happy.

Current deal is ending (was on SSE £24/M deal from 2 years ago) and Ive been offered the new users £30/M for the same (£31 from June).

Should I stick with them or move?

I've had a quick look around and cant find anything similar (I need static IP, and decent upload speed for VPN use).

Our Sky deal ends in October so I will be opportunity to go to VM maybe as their VIP/full house offers are quite tempting with the 12 month discount on 12 Month contracts. Missing the static IP will be a pain, do they still have sticky IP's?

Anyone else looking for anything similar?

Edited by Philce (Wed 24-May-17 20:21:50)

Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-May-17 19:58:50
Print Post

Re: Renew or move?

[re: Philce] [link to this post]

What will you be charged when the deal ends if you don't sign a new contract with plusnet?

I've switched between plusnet, BT and Sky over recent years, but the savings on the Sky TV are the big ones so I try and ensure I'm not in a broadband contract when my TV is due to renew. That way I can offer to bring over my broadband to sky as part of any deal they may be able to offer.

Kris

Sky Fibre
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Standard User Philce
(experienced) Sat 27-May-17 14:31:10
Print Post

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

Plusnet is £37 all in.

I need a static IP so options are a bit limited.

I think Ill wait till by Sky sub is up then see whats about, Its only 3 months past the end of the current PN deal.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 08-Jun-17 22:49:44
Print Post

I am looking at other providers myself, but not sure if it is worth changing from plusnet. Plusnet sent me an email to say that if I sign up for another 18 months they will knock the price down to around £28 after the price rise, most of the others are that price anyway and the ones that are lower, by the time i pay a connection fee it will end up more or less the same.

So taking the offer may be the best thing, not bothered about static Ip, to be honest, but it could be useful.

i wonder if they would send me a new all in one router.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 09-Jun-17 02:14:26
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Are you on 80/20, 40/20, 40/10 or 40/2? I ask because if it is 40/anything I bet that deal will be for 40/2.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63679/13080Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 09-Jun-17 15:23:18
Print Post

In the past Plusnet have been willing to send me a new router when I agreed to a new 1 year (ADSL) contract. I got two routers from them like that.

Michael Chare
Standard User abductedcraig
(newbie) Sat 10-Jun-17 05:58:45
Print Post

£28 a month, what speed was that for?

Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra
smile
(newbie) Sat 10-Jun-17 06:15:49
Print Post

Same boat as you.
Checked around and could not see anything better.
I ended up renewing for 18 months to keep my 80/20 with Free Evening & Weekend calls @ £30 a month.

Should have been £31 after the price increase, but they gave me an £18 credit to bill to cancel out the increase.

They also sent me a new Plusnet Hub One at no cost and no delivery charge.

I am using a BT SmartHub and it works great on my line, but I will keep the Plusnet Hub as backup.

So I'm happy enough for another 18 months here.

smile

Edited by abductedcraig (Sat 10-Jun-17 07:21:49)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 12-Jun-17 12:05:30
Print Post

I just did an order and I was offered £30 a month for 12 months for 80/20

Proof
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 12-Jun-17 20:53:18
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

How did you place the order?

I am wondering what they will want for low speed FTTC at a non LLU exchange when my existing Plusnet free ADSL contract expires next September.

Michael Chare
(newbie) Mon 12-Jun-17 23:22:00
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Prince I bet your line rental goes up by £1 as its not listed as for 12 months only the BB is showing as 12 months.

My renewal looks much the same as yours other than it states a credit of £18 to the account (this is the return of the £1 line rental price increase) and Free Weekend and Eve Call package. And the free Hub.
Making it £30 a month for the above for 18 months.

Its the best deal I have heard of yet from Plusnet.
And that's only after people really push them.

Just noticed the screen shot you are showing also states the prices are going up.
I think you will find you are paying £31 a month after the increase.

smile

Edited by abductedcraig (Mon 12-Jun-17 23:24:56)

Standard User Philce
(experienced) Tue 13-Jun-17 12:08:43
Print Post

After some deliberation I have decided to go with Cloudscape.

I had to wait for over 45 minutes to speak tom someone at Plusnet, and experiences with faults recently have made me change to a smaller ISP who promise a better service. Like Plusnet were a few years ago!

I've been with Plusnet for nearly 4 years now, with the issues with the network ongoing and no seeming solutions coming any time soon I didn't want to comitt to another 18 months.

Time will tell!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to