General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Aug-17 13:25:15
Print Post

Re: Moving from Sky Fibre to where?

[re: ck2] [link to this post]

Don't rule out a supplier using TalkTalk Wholesale - they are totally different to TalkTalk Retail (AAISP use TalkTalk Wholesale so they can't be that bad!)

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 19-Aug-17 00:31:16
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
Don't rule out a supplier using TalkTalk Wholesale - they are totally different to TalkTalk Retail (AAISP use TalkTalk Wholesale so they can't be that bad!)
Such as Pulse8broadband.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 72053/12059Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User ck2
(newbie) Thu 24-Aug-17 09:01:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Unfortunately those suppliers mentioned are even more expensive than Sky.
I have narrowed it down to Vodafone or EE.
Just don't know which one to go for.... frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Aug-17 10:22:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by jelv:
Such as Pulse8broadband.

Plusnet is £29,99 a month for fastest speed, Using BTW obviously. N0 idea on what they are like on Fibre, I've not used them since ADSL days.

I am on Talk Talk Business, I pay £45.54 but in the 7 months i've been with them i've had 0 problems, and I often think that while it's true you do get what you pay for - with TTB it still seems a little on the cheap side.

But it works for them and more importantly me, so I am happy with it.

I am in the process of getting an AAISP 1TB line for my main internet, the business line does get most of the usage. But I've always had a backup in one form or another, and ADSL is not cutting it for me, Hurrah for 30 day contracts!

Also that £60 gets me lots of nerdy stats and, should i need them, some [censored] hot tech support.

Edit - this was meant for the OP - oops! :/

Edited by 23Prince (Sat 26-Aug-17 10:25:07)

Standard User juzzy25
(member) Sat 26-Aug-17 11:43:15
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

This post is bias as I'm with them but could a move to Uno Broadband (aka Xilo in it's earlier days) on the cards.

Looking at the prices there's not much in it between Sky and them now but I suppose you're looking to reduce prices, I suppose you get a prepay credit card for a £100 but that won't affect you.

Have a chat to sales as they may do a Talk and Surf package for fibre (I saw a post somewhere for it) unsure about their landline options - could you find a mobile package that gave you flexibility on minutes etc??

Good luck where ever you go, sounds like you've done the research. I'd love to go with Vodafone but after a major balls up in billing (to be fair on a mobile contract) I'm not going near them.

EE 4G >> Plus Net >> Uno Fibre + (80/20) (63904 kbps / 17043 kbps)
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 26-Aug-17 22:55:56
Print Post

[re: ck2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ck2:
Unfortunately those suppliers mentioned are even more expensive than Sky.
I have narrowed it down to Vodafone or EE.
Just don't know which one to go for.... frown
I wouldn't touch either of them. But if price is your most important decider, then fair enough.

Of the two, I would think EE is safer than Vodafone for decent and consistent throughput speed.

I like the reassurance of decent support if I have a problem, the lack of that being my main reason for leaving Plusnet a couple of years ago. Even though my connection was fine.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 72213/12265Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 27-Aug-17 00:01:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Of the two, I would think EE is safer than Vodafone for decent and consistent throughput speed.
That is not the way I understand this for FTTC: UK Broadband Speed Test Results for July 2017. Vodafone quality is 1 and EE is 1.7 for both up to 38 and up to 76.

Michael Chare
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Sep-17 08:57:49
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
[

Plusnet is £29,99 a month for fastest speed, Using BTW obviously. N0 idea on what they are like on Fibre, I've not used them since ADSL days.

I am on Talk Talk Business, I pay £45.54 but in the 7 months i've been with them i've had 0 problems, and I often think that while it's true you do get what you pay for - with TTB it still seems a little on the cheap side.

But it works for them and more importantly me, so I am happy with it.

I am in the process of getting an AAISP 1TB line for my main internet, the business line does get most of the usage. But I've always had a backup in one form or another, and ADSL is not cutting it for me, Hurrah for 30 day contracts!

Also that £60 gets me lots of nerdy stats and, should i need them, some [censored] hot tech support.

Edit - this was meant for the OP - oops! :/

No calls are included with plusnet, that is another £8 a month for unlimited anytime and mobile calls and the OP wants calls included. the problem is a lot of providers are not offering them unless you pay extra.
Pay more line rental and get less for it.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 10 pro, reluctantly, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to