General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Discus
(experienced) Sat 11-Nov-17 17:37:21
Print Post

Who else offers 55meg as into fibre?

[link to this post]

With BT upping prices again and being offered the chance to move, I am struggling to find any better deals than BT offer. All the infinity 1 offerings from other ISP's are a maximum of 40 meg. Just wondering why it is that BT seem to be the only isp capable of offering the 55 meg option (if I re- contract it becomes up to 76 meg on infinity 1). My line is running at only 5 meg less than it would do on a 76 meg product, so no point upgrading to take advantage.

My £31.40pm will increase £2.50, unless I re- contract with BT to keep it the same. I am unable to redo the BT Privacy, so instead of it running out 6 months after contract end (and only paying caller display for 6 month) it will run out earlier (although I expect another rise that will let me out penalty free again next year).

So, suggestions for unlimited fibre please?

Thanks

http://www.marksfish.me.uk - Personal fishkeeping website
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 11-Nov-17 20:16:33
Print Post

Re: Who else offers 55meg as into fibre?

[re: Discus] [link to this post]

Some do the up to 76 Mbps variant for less than £31.50 a month

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User TTTJJJ
(newbie) Sun 12-Nov-17 02:09:53
Print Post

Why not switch to Vodafone? Their 76mb download/20mb upload is only £30 a month so you'd be roughly the same price and their broadband service is actually alright. No throttling from my experience.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Discus
(experienced) Sun 12-Nov-17 10:16:21
Print Post

[re: TTTJJJ] [link to this post]

But it is only that per month if you already are a Vodafone customer, which I am not.

Standard User Discus
(experienced) Sun 12-Nov-17 10:19:15
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

All prices seem to be very much of a muchness at the moment. The ones I have seen that are under what I am paying charge connection fees, so not really that much to save, and I don't really want to go on LLU again as it can be a bind to come back to BT again as some isp's want to charge for a new line..

Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-Nov-17 11:31:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by Discus:
But it is only that per month if you already are a Vodafone customer, which I am not.
Have you tried to place an order? If not I suggest that you try, and then see what price you get quoted. You do not have to complete the order.

Michael Chare
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 12-Nov-17 12:19:06
Print Post

Can to share the screen shot of that?

The Vodafone pricing per month is the same no matter if a mobile customer or not.
The variation can be in the setup fee - but with the £0 offer in place that's irrelevant it seems

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband-offers
Top offer £30/m for Sky up to 76 Mbps service currently

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Discus
(experienced) Sun 12-Nov-17 13:57:16
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I saw it advertised somewhere, may have been online or in the Post Office window, which is why I said it. I have taken a look now myself and the £30pm +£1pm for caller id could be my next venture smile

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-Nov-17 16:16:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by Discus:

Voda also seem to have a problem with their ordering system. I was quoted £25 (not a customer) but failed the credit check, first time ever so I went onto Experian/Equifax/Call Credit the next day and saw that they never even tried to do a search.

So if you get the same you know why!
Standard User TTTJJJ
(newbie) Sun 12-Nov-17 23:59:50
Print Post

I can confirm that with Vodafone you're free to switch back to BT or whichever provider it's simple and cost-free. We had Vodafone Broadband, which then got switched to BT (better offer at the time) at no cost.

We're now with Virgin, however when I run a price quote for my line, which is now deactivated, Vodafone and TalkTalk and BT all say they can reactivate my line free of charge so I don't think you'll have an issue moving it about.

Vodafone broadband is actually alright so you may not even want to move back to BT wink

Edited by TTTJJJ (Mon 13-Nov-17 00:01:07)

Standard User Discus
(experienced) Tue 14-Nov-17 15:31:34
Print Post

[re: TTTJJJ] [link to this post]

Thank you for your suggestion. I checked them out and VF with caller display was £31. I phoned BT to tell them I didn't want to accept their price increase and I would be migrating away and they matched the price, so am happy to stay where I am until the next increase.

thanks again.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to