General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Fri 06-Apr-18 12:28:03
Print Post

Re: What are SSE like these days?

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

SSE and Utility Warehouse are lumped in to Daisy and TT forums.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 07-Apr-18 12:10:12
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

What Daisy forum are you referring to?
Standard User ironman12345
(member) Sat 07-Apr-18 18:29:55
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

They do not have a forum link on the SSE website , at least I have not seen it,?
Latest Speed Test:
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15231225495...

The above test is IPv4

Edited by ironman12345 (Sat 07-Apr-18 18:43:52)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 17-Apr-18 10:49:48
Print Post

[re: ironman12345] [link to this post]

So I'm going to give SSE a try, moving from NowTV - but something doesn't seem quite right. When you migrate from NowTV they send a migration notification like this -

Another provider told us you'd like to transfer your broadband and phone service for the following number: xxxxxxxx.

This will happen on 17/03/2018. Your Super Fibre service will transfer on the same day.

But after SSE started migration I got this notification that mentions cancellation, not transfer -

Another provider told us they'll be taking over your phone line because their customer is moving to your address - so we'll cancel your services for xxxxxxxxxx

Your broadband and phone will be cancelled on 27/04/2018.

I've talked to SSE who say the migration is proceeding normally, but why are NowTV cancelling rather than transferring? Did your migration(?) notification mention cancellation ironman12345?

Edited by Spud2003 (Tue 17-Apr-18 10:53:29)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 17-Apr-18 11:39:08
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

My last Sky migration letter (2016) used the word cancel too, but I let it slide and nothing unusual happened.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 17-Apr-18 11:53:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ah, that's good to know - will assume everything is OK then. smile
Standard User ibk68
(newbie) Tue 17-Apr-18 15:45:20
Print Post

[re: pinuk] [link to this post]

I almost signed up with them until I noticed they charge £3.50 a month extra for caller display. This is excessive compared to other providers.
(member) Tue 17-Apr-18 19:27:14
Print Post

Cancellation was not mentioned in there emails to me , but I was with BT and kept my same number.
I do not know what NOWTV mean as they should just send you a leaving message and SSE should just take over.
That's how it worked for me ,BT sent me a sorry to see you go email and SSE just gave me a date that the service would start from.?
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 27-Apr-18 21:54:05
Print Post

So transferred to SSE today, ran speed tests around 3PM, 8PM, 9PM - no slowdowns - my line ran at maximum speed(52Mb/19Mb) - and no discernible slowdowns on Ubuntu torrents which ran at 6.1MB/s down at all times.

UK based customer service are polite but sometimes need to be prodded to solve issues - and unless you get an e-mail address of a staff member you have to ring(there is a live chat rep but they are limited in what they can do) - and the obvious downside to ringing is call waits which can range from zero to say 15 minutes, depending on when you call.
(member) Sat 28-Apr-18 00:03:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by Spud2003:
So transferred to SSE today, ran speed tests around 3PM, 8PM, 9PM - no slowdowns - my line ran at maximum speed(52Mb/19Mb) - and no discernible slowdowns on Ubuntu torrents which ran at 6.1MB/s down at all times.

UK based customer service are polite but sometimes need to be prodded to solve issues - and unless you get an e-mail address of a staff member you have to ring(there is a live chat rep but they are limited in what they can do) - and the obvious downside to ringing is call waits which can range from zero to say 15 minutes, depending on when you call.

I found that after a while you can get a problem answered fairly quickly if you reply to the emails and start by contacting them online.
They must have had an outage this evening as the internet light on the router was red , but not for long.
What I like is the fact that IPv6 is running fine , BT did not have it [at least not on my connection].

Edited by ironman12345 (Sat 28-Apr-18 00:16:35)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to