General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 17-Mar-18 20:59:56
Print Post

TalkTalk have a pretty good deal at the moment ... *DELETED*

[link to this post]

Post deleted by MrSaffron
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 18-Mar-18 10:22:10
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk have a pretty good deal at the moment ... *DELE

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

Spamming referral/sales info

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Mar-18 10:42:18
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

There was no intent at all to "spam," and I receive no benefit whatsoever from providing the link, nor was the link a "referral", people had to ring TalkTalk and request it over the phone - you've now denied forum members information on a very good deal. Well done.

Edited by Spud2003 (Sun 18-Mar-18 10:51:14)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 18-Mar-18 10:50:29
Print Post

Given it was a just phone TalkTalk deal, why not just say phoning TalkTalk on 0800 049 7832 and ask for the £25 Fibre Large Deal with anytime calls included (or Fibre Speed Boost as seems to be its new name) on 18 month contract.

Also to add no guarantee that another person would get the same deal when its better than what their website is offering. Sometimes sales agents have targets and it may be that person got that offer, but you can only advertise the deal that everyone will get, not what a handful will get.

You may have got no benefit but HotUKDeals will from any online sign ups, just like anyone who values tbb helps to keep site running by signing up via links such as http://bit.ly/2j3UMDh

Edited by MrSaffron (Sun 18-Mar-18 10:58:35)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Mar-18 11:02:04
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

It's easier for people to discuss the deal with TalkTalk if they have seen what other people have got through haggling in a 56 post thread. TalkTalk will try to offer more expensive deals unless pinned down. There was no referral benefit to me or the deals site - it was simply a case of calling TalkTalk sales.

Assuming this topic doesn't end up in the bitbucket people should ask for the following -

80Mb fibre
UK Anytime calls
Line rental
Caller display
18Months contract
£25.00PM

Edited by Spud2003 (Sun 18-Mar-18 12:11:26)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 18-Mar-18 11:58:26
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk have a pretty good deal at the moment

I think you mean 80Mbps wink. 80MB would be either high end FTTP or a lousy download allowance.

Edit: I've also removed the DELE from the Subject. It tends to stop people in threaded mode reading the post.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 76102/14089Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 18-Mar-18 11:59:30)

Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Mar-18 12:11:00
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk have a pretty good deal at the moment

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

You're right - I copied and pasted the submitter's deal specs from the original site without double checking them, any other mistakes are my own work. tongue
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Mar-18 14:39:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by Spud2003:
There was no intent at all to "spam," and I receive no benefit whatsoever from providing the link, nor was the link a "referral", people had to ring TalkTalk and request it over the phone - you've now denied forum members information on a very good deal. Well done.

Sometimes it really is LOL land around here
  Print Thread

Jump to