General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Fri 18-May-18 11:04:44
Print Post

Re: Time to change again

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Anytime calls package does work for us but I appreciate we're in the minority. Anyone making comparisons shouldn't forget the iniquitous call setup charges which may apply to certain out-of-package calls. Also agree that some utility companies are rather fuzzy when quoting VAT and ex-VAT figures, though I'm sure they don't intend to mislead. Much.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 18-May-18 11:30:26
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

That's the beauty of Pulse8 lines. No call setup charges. The ones I see from others are 20p or more.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 68940/13151Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-May-18 14:57:15
Print Post

Yes, the likes of BT call setup charges are beyond the joke. IDNet charge 8p setup and 1p per minute, but still a no-brainer for those of us that make very few calls, as the line is about a fiver cheaper than what we pay at Pulse8.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 18-May-18 15:05:12
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Bundled with your broadband wink. Similarly on Pulse8, line rental when bundled with broadband is £6 tongue.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 68940/13151Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-May-18 15:30:21
Print Post

Yes and LLU wink

Standard User bobrey
(learned) Sat 19-May-18 07:29:24
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I use call over ride service from 18185 to avoid high BT call charges. There is a 5p set up charge but at under 2p per minute its cheaper than BT rip off call charges.
http://www.18185.co.uk/index2.php
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-May-18 10:43:10
Print Post

[re: bobrey] [link to this post]

I gave up call override services years ago as they are too expensive now. I have 1p per minute calls from Skype out, Sipgate, which gives me another free local number and https://www.1pmobile.com/ so worry little about landline call cost.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to