General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User egremont
(newbie) Sun 02-Sep-18 17:14:30
Print Post

ISP information for comparison

[link to this post]

Hi, looking at "comparison" for choosing broadband but I may be old fashioned now but we still use the "phone". We need a landline to receive and make calls. Yes Ofcom are pushing ISPs to be more open about BB speeds but when you look they don't tell you what their phone charges are. Is it just me? I want to know, as I HAVE to have a landline what I'll be paying for calls. Some do weekends only, eve and weekends, unlimited etc. We need this info to choose but they only put the bband prices.anyone else agree ? Also our ADSL line is gradually slowing, they all push you to fibre for faster speeds, OK but it is more money so that's not fair? If my ADSL stayed at ~11 Mbps I'd be happy. Agree?
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-Sep-18 18:34:27
Print Post

Re: ISP information for comparison

[re: egremont] [link to this post]

Who is pushing you to move to an FTTC based service? That is a decision for yourself and yourself alone, or at least for as long as there is a copper connection between your home and the exchange and there are ADSL DSLAMs in your exchange. This will change but not for many years.

As for phone charges, you will frequently see these listed on a different tab from any broadband tab but, yes, not always that easy to locate.
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 02-Sep-18 18:44:44
Print Post

Re: ISP information for comparison

[re: egremont] [link to this post]

There are a number of reasonably priced FTTC broadband and phone offers at the moment e.g. Vodafone. Whilst there are often phone call packages I would agree that phone call costs are not that clear. One way to solve that problem is to use VOIP for all outgoing phone calls. Next month CLI should be free on landlines.

Michael Chare

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to