General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dohmniq
(learned) Tue 04-Sep-18 15:13:26
Print Post

Re: FTTC ISPs that provide IPv6?

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replies everyone.

We currently don't even have a connected line. Last time an engineer was here he plugged a line length measuring tool into our socket and said it was only 60ish metres. I expect the old lady who lived here before simply didn't have a line for years. So I suppose I'm free to pick a new line from TT or BT or whomever.

I used to have an account with TT Business and the connectivity they provided was fine. In fact I can't remember a single fault over the 4+ years. But their customer service wasn't so hot, even with an account manager (maybe everyone gets one of those too).

We currently have internet via 4G from EE. It can be patchy. Speeds vary a lot, jitter is terrible, the "4GEE mini" needs rebooting often as it increasingly borks TCP connections the longer it's up. It's connected via USB to another router so we don't have to use any more of its features than necessary! It would be 'OK' as a backup line if we install FTTC, RobertoS. You make a good point about the work vs consumer aspects.

AA are increasingly looking like the better option now though. I can't see myself using more than 200GB each month and use my mobiles for calls so that's fine.Reading AA's broadband incident blog makes for a grim view of TT.
Standard User clyde123
(regular) Wed 05-Sep-18 17:02:38
Print Post

[re: dohmniq] [link to this post]

Entanet offer IPv6 .
You might have to request that it's enabled, once you're connected. But their techie people will enable it no problem.
Standard User Jax2
(member) Wed 05-Sep-18 17:30:00
Print Post

Zen do IPv6 though again you may have to request it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ironman12345
(member) Wed 05-Sep-18 18:52:53
Print Post

SSE or the Daisy network supply IPv6.
They do not seem to be on the ISP list but their top package is 80/20.
I use them and pay £30 per month.
I believe that you can get no setup fees if you also use their power.
Standard User olicuk
(member) Wed 05-Sep-18 23:19:01
Print Post

[re: Jax2] [link to this post]

Yes I have Zen with IPv6. I did have to request it via a dedicated email address for the purpose, but it was quickly done.

See here: https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Does-Zen-...

They also usefully provide a (single) static IPv4.

---------
fibre.everestpark.org.uk | Zen VDSL2 80:20 (~64:20) bqm | Draytek 2860 + Ubiquiti AP + SureSignal + EE Signal Box + Netgear NAS
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to