General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jimmyn
(member) Fri 12-Oct-18 09:06:49
Print Post

Address isn't on checker

[link to this post]

I'm trying to sign up for broadband but the address isn't coming up on the checker. Any ideas how I can get the address added to the checker? Checked on the Royal Mail website and the address is registered with them.

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 12-Oct-18 10:57:11
Print Post

Re: Address isn't on checker

[re: jimmyn] [link to this post]

The ISP you are trying to buy from should in the first instance take on the problem and contact their suppliers

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 12-Oct-18 12:06:32
Print Post

[re: jimmyn] [link to this post]

Assuming you are using the address option of this checker, rather than enter the address there enter the Postcode and click Submit. Still in the Address Checker, not the Postcode checker.

That will give you a dropdown of all the addresses in that postcode. Yours may be there with a slight difference. In which case you can either use that or try to get it changed.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 01/10/18 - 71908/13506Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ggremlin
(experienced) Fri 12-Oct-18 20:49:32
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

a quirk of the bt checker seems to be,
if you enter a partial postcode, into the address checker
ie say "EN8" (the op referenced Lee Valley exchange before), it lists about 100 plots that BT know about, but are work in progress...
edit: direct link to the address checker didn't work so removed

Edited by ggremlin (Fri 12-Oct-18 20:53:22)

Print Thread

Jump to