General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User markyr74
(learned) Wed 28-Nov-18 22:58:38
Print Post

Which One?

[link to this post]

Need to change provider, or stay with my current one on a new contract. So after some help.

Ideally want an all in one telephone and FTTC package, really would like decent throughput in the evenings, and some half decent support. And I donít want Sky BB.

Iím currently on BT Infinity 55MBPS, works alright but Iíve lost my IPV6 for no apparent reason, havenít contacted them yet but know itíll be hard to resolve with their technical services so want someone who is easy to deal with. Plus not bothered about it.
Has to unlimited BB use too.

I have my own DrayTek Vigor 130 modem and Google WiFi and do not want to change it.

So far Iíve thought if IDNet, Pulse 8, AAISP are way too expensive plus donít do telephones. Pulse 8 any good?
Also thought about Plusnet or staying with BT if I wonít get anything better with the others?

Are IDNet still worth it? Thinking of possibly jumping up to the 75mbps speeds, no idea if Iíll ever get 300mbps on my line.

Thanks in advance smile

Oh and I would like a provider who doesnít put their prices up mid contract either!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 29-Nov-18 01:51:01
Print Post

Re: Which One?

[re: markyr74] [link to this post]

Pulse8 most definitely do do telephones. (It defaults to the Business tab, so click the Home one. Mine is with them and my broadband is with AAISP.

AA do line only (no phone service) if that's any good. Their price list clearly states this. The first two tables give the prices with and without.

What does this checker show for your maximum speeds? (The two VDSL lines).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 01/10/18 - 72382/13812Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User markyr74
(learned) Thu 29-Nov-18 13:19:31
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply, I donít want to use AA as said, they are far too expensive and donít offer unlimited service. Also I want my phone line and broadband to be from the same provider.

My line can get 80MBPS, unless I want to pay for a fibre cable from the exchange to be fitted, my CAB is outside the exchange on the pavement! And I ainít paying the thousands for that

Aquiss is also one Iíve looked at. Or maybe Zen?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Drew_M
(isp) Thu 29-Nov-18 14:55:34
Print Post

Well we provide v6 natively, we are based in Sussex so we do all speak with a very southern England accent and have decent technical services (But then I would say that wink ).
Our rates are here https://www.trunknetworks.com/broadband/superfast/ and if you see unacceptable slow downs in the evening, 'Our commitment to you' (A precursor to the OfCOM code of conduct which we are working on signing up to) will ensure you have a way out.

Any questions, please feel free to drop me a line.

Drew

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 29-Nov-18 16:21:40
Print Post

Talk Talk Business have a black Friday offer which ends shortly.

Michael Chare
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Nov-18 09:48:23
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Did you say "do do".......? smile

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 30-Nov-18 11:36:15
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

LOL

Yes. But not Dodo!

It makes perfect sense, particularly when speaking, in the context of as in this case a reply to ďdonít do telephonesĒ. Just looks odd. Similarly, I sometimes use ďthat thatĒ.

smile

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 01/10/18 - 72382/13812Kbps @ 600m. (Disabled:BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6)
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 30-Nov-18 15:01:32
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Michael_Chare:
Talk Talk Business have a black Friday offer which ends shortly.

I would second those - I was with them for 2 years - even though I was at home.
Standard User markyr74
(learned) Sun 02-Dec-18 20:16:05
Print Post

Any other advice? Not really into signing up to 24 month contracts so TalkTalk Business doesnít interest me.

Zen, Idnet, Pulse8, BT.. etc.. who do you guys recommend?
Standard User flippery
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 02-Dec-18 21:34:08
Print Post

I have no problem with Puse8 in 3 years. Support is good when needed. Broadband speed consistent.
Only one price rise in 3 years. Due to change in line rental structure.
1 month contract, albeit with £59 connection cost. Price competitive. For my use the cost per minute of phone calls is better than other packages.
Only low user though

Edited by flippery (Sun 02-Dec-18 21:36:36)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to