General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Dec-18 17:56:52
Print Post

Re: Which One?

[re: ferretuk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ferretuk:
In reply to a post by jaydub:
I'm not willing to pay AAISP money
Any particular reason, other than you consider them to be too expensive?

I'm a tight fisted Yorkshireman and I consider them to be too expensive. Simple as that really.
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Dec-18 17:57:47
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Have a search through the forums and I doubt you'll find a negative word about them.

Well UNO do use a very Ďspecialí in-house dsl availability checker which means they cannot offer their great service to everyone - despite other ISPs and the BT/Openreach checker suggesting otherwise for the same property. I believe I am not alone in experiencing this wink

Well maybe the odd negative word then. wink
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Dec-18 18:03:40
Print Post

[re: mrkevlh] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrkevlh:
I'm also suffering from single threaded performance issues with IDnet despite them telling me no-one else is complaining. I never experienced these issues with TalkTalk residential. Apparently there is some work being done on the 12th which may help me so will wait and see. I looked at Pulse8, TTB and UNO myself but none of those support IPv6 which I do use for testing for work.

Interestingly we are not reporting the same issue. Mu single thread speed is nigh on 50% of my sync speed, regardless of the time of day I test; your's seems to vary with the time of day.

I'm also waiting on the network changes on the 12th. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User markyr74
(learned) Mon 03-Dec-18 19:02:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by mrkevlh:
I'm also suffering from single threaded performance issues with IDnet despite them telling me no-one else is complaining. I never experienced these issues with TalkTalk residential. Apparently there is some work being done on the 12th which may help me so will wait and see. I looked at Pulse8, TTB and UNO myself but none of those support IPv6 which I do use for testing for work.

Hmm well I looked at UNO and they are more expensive, plus their websites a nightmare to navigate and doesnít offer combined fibre and landline, which looks like one with TTB and the other with Openreach?
Although as I want IPV6 I think Idnet May be the only choice then?

I think Iíll wait till after the 12th then, Iím in no rush smile hmm still thinking if Idnet or Pulse8.

Edited by markyr74 (Mon 03-Dec-18 19:03:54)

Standard User partial
(experienced) Mon 03-Dec-18 21:08:37
Print Post

[re: markyr74] [link to this post]

Why don't you simply raise a ticket with BT to sort out the ip6 thing?

In my view, nowadays there is no need to pay more to suffer slow speeds and be on first name terms with the one man band.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 04-Dec-18 10:56:00
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Have a search through the forums and I doubt you'll find a negative word about them.

Well UNO do use a very Ďspecialí in-house dsl availability checker which means they cannot offer their great service to everyone - despite other ISPs and the BT/Openreach checker suggesting otherwise for the same property. I believe I am not alone in experiencing this wink

Yes which is odd - I still to this day can't get their service - i am not in a FTTC are apparently... they don't even offer it to some tight fisted yorkshiremen in Sheffield - even the ones down t'road

I used to live down t'road - but I am not a tight fisted Yorkshireman.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Tue 04-Dec-18 11:28:59
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
I used to live down t'road - but I am not a tight fisted Yorkshireman.

LOL grin

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Netgear XR700 running DumaOS
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 04-Dec-18 12:36:54
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

My belief is that some people fall foul of a bug in the ordering system when trying to join, or there is a black list for whatever reason.

Just the only explanations I can think of.

In terms of the original comments by myself and some later, there is probably nothing else to be found complaining about the products performances or the customer service.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User markyr74
(learned) Tue 04-Dec-18 20:40:34
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by partial:
Why don't you simply raise a ticket with BT to sort out the ip6 thing?

In my view, nowadays there is no need to pay more to suffer slow speeds and be on first name terms with the one man band.

Because they donít officially support IPV6 for residential broadband, so you can speak to the technical support, but their are no guarantees they will do anything about it. Thatís not the technical support I want, ergo I want to leave them.
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Tue 04-Dec-18 21:44:41
Print Post

I'm suffering peak time single thread issues at weekends and Tuesday evenings with IdNet resolk Zen LLU. I am told they are planning switching to BT backhaul. Customer service is reasonably good.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to