General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Tue 04-Dec-18 21:50:54
Print Post

Re: Which One?

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Correct, you are not alone. A few of us ex-customers are magically on a line that everyone else but them can supply. I left after getting fed up with the wait for FTTC, but that was enough it seems.

Standard User markyr74
(learned) Wed 05-Dec-18 00:20:41
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Do you mean you left BT for Idnet? When are they going to switch you to an Ooen Reach line? I just ran a Speedtest using the one youíve linked to in your sig, 55 down and 9.7 up. So theirs not much wrong with my Open rwach FTTC line, but it is 12:20AM mind!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 05-Dec-18 01:04:59
Print Post

[re: markyr74] [link to this post]

Except for the tiny percentage of new fibre lines in a few cities, all landlines that run to our homes are either Openreach or Virgin Media cable. Plus Kingston and Hull which has its own system, or did.

Virgin Media is a case on its own as its lines only support itís own broadband.

Sky, TalkTalk, Vodafone, Uno, IDNet, Zen and all the others use Openreach lines at least to the exchange, That includes FTTC, FTTP and ADSLx. Most ISPs use BT Wholesale (controlled) services on the fibre and copper lines. The LLU Suppliers control the Openreach copper lines that they use, but not really the FTTC and FTTP lines between us and the exchange.

Zen are a sort of half-way house between BT Wholesale and LLU as far as I can tell. IDNet use some BT Wholesale and some Zen services. But all those lines are Openreach as far as the exchange, both copper and fibre.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 05-Dec-18 09:05:31
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
IDNet use some BT Wholesale and some Zen services.

IDNet also use TTB
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 05-Dec-18 10:20:13
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Correct smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Dec-18 21:27:39
Print Post

[re: markyr74] [link to this post]

First point is, I haven't been a BT customer for years. The second is that all Idnet services put are delivered via a BT line, which has little to do with some of their backhaul being Zen LLU.

(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Dec-18 21:28:47
Print Post

But as far as I know, SMPF.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 05-Dec-18 21:32:15
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I thinks so too.

My broadband cease (FTTC) happens tomorrow smile. I've been on 4G now for about a week.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 05-Dec-18 22:40:34
Print Post

here is probably nothing else to be found complaining about the products performances or the customer service.

Well, as the company will never give some of us the chance to experience it - we will never know.. thank goodness they are one of many - however you would think with my old employer* in the same town - they would be crying out to get all the customers they can - maybe it's just a hobby for whoever owns/runs it?

*They won't do you proud, put it THAT way!
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 05-Dec-18 22:41:51
Print Post

I thinks so too.

My broadband cease (FTTC) happens tomorrow smile. I've been on 4G now for about a week.

When mine did I still had the FTTC line for a week . and I canned it because I could - the AA system was all dead so I was not concerned.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to