General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 06-Dec-18 00:49:10
Print Post

Re: Which One?

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

I only ordered the cease on Wednesday afternoon. It gave a drop down list of dates to kill it, starting what is now today. I expect Openreach will take a while though for their bit, but my AA service will be gone.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Thu 06-Dec-18 11:59:16
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes, The Virgin 4G I have is serving me very well as I am out and about a lot, including a lot of time at our Scottish property. A Godsend when the FTTC is down here and honestly could replace it. £20 per month for more than I ever use along with 5,000 minutes, tethering and unlimited texts the best deal I have ever done, especially with the £10 lifetime discount.

Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 06-Dec-18 20:00:34
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
First point is, I haven't been a BT customer for years. The second is that all Idnet services put are delivered via a BT line, which has little to do with some of their backhaul being Zen LLU.

Surely an OR line?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 06-Dec-18 20:03:57
Print Post

But as far as I know, SMPF.

I joined IDNet with a BTw phone line and a TTB FTTC connection, so not SMPF (or at least not last year)
Standard User markyr74
(learned) Fri 07-Dec-18 21:55:23
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jaydub:
But as far as I know, SMPF.

I joined IDNet with a BTw phone line and a TTB FTTC connection, so not SMPF (or at least not last year)

How has that gone for you? Any problems?
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Dec-18 01:17:20
Print Post

Lol

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 08-Dec-18 22:26:12
Print Post

Yes, The Virgin 4G I have is serving me very well as I am out and about a lot, including a lot of time at our Scottish property. A Godsend when the FTTC is down here and honestly could replace it. £20 per month for more than I ever use along with 5,000 minutes, tethering and unlimited texts the best deal I have ever done, especially with the £10 lifetime discount.

So you have the same deal that I got - I am about half way through the 200GB but I have given up now - at least it will roll over smile
Standard User markyr74
(learned) Mon 10-Dec-18 21:28:55
Print Post

Hmm seems you lot arenít much help! Now one getting replies of Ďlolí and you are talking about mobile network contracts!

Iíll make it simple... Aquiss or Idnet?
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 10-Dec-18 22:56:01
Print Post

[re: markyr74] [link to this post]

As probably one of the few who has experienced both, here's my thoughts.

I migrated from Pulse8 to Aquiss, but experienced very variable single thread speeds, particularly during the working day when business traffic is prioritised.

Martin thought the reason for my performance issues may have been down to the Entanet Manchester node , which was awaiting a bandwidth upgrade. He agreed to release me from my contract and I migrated to IDNet with with a TTB backhaul.

Again variable single thread speeds, but they agreed to move me to BTw backhaul, which was the best FTTC experience I have had with consistently good single thread speeds. I stopped running TBB tests for a couple of months in July and August, did a quick check in September and found my single thread speeds had dropped to half my multi thread speeds.

I am now awaiting the outcome of some network change by IDNet's supplier on the 12th to see if it resolves the issue.

If not I may well give Uno a try.

TBH, I had single-thread speed issues when at Pulse 8, which Adam managed to push TTB into fixing, so there is something about my connection which feels slightly blighted.

If I had to make a straight choice between Aquiss and IDNet, I would plump for IDNet just.
Standard User markyr74
(learned) Tue 11-Dec-18 01:04:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by jaydub:
As probably one of the few who has experienced both, here's my thoughts.

I migrated from Pulse8 to Aquiss, but experienced very variable single thread speeds, particularly during the working day when business traffic is prioritised.

Martin thought the reason for my performance issues may have been down to the Entanet Manchester node , which was awaiting a bandwidth upgrade. He agreed to release me from my contract and I migrated to IDNet with with a TTB backhaul.

Again variable single thread speeds, but they agreed to move me to BTw backhaul, which was the best FTTC experience I have had with consistently good single thread speeds. I stopped running TBB tests for a couple of months in July and August, did a quick check in September and found my single thread speeds had dropped to half my multi thread speeds.

I am now awaiting the outcome of some network change by IDNet's supplier on the 12th to see if it resolves the issue.

If not I may well give Uno a try.

TBH, I had single-thread speed issues when at Pulse 8, which Adam managed to push TTB into fixing, so there is something about my connection which feels slightly blighted.

If I had to make a straight choice between Aquiss and IDNet, I would plump for IDNet just.

Thank you so much for the reply, hmm thatís almost an argument to stay on BT or move to Plusnet! So weíll have to wait till after Wednesday, do post back with what happens.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to