General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(experienced) Sat 15-Dec-18 17:15:09
Print Post

Re: Which One?

[re: markyr74] [link to this post]

Sorry, but you're wrong. Bob has explained it very well, and has vast knowledge on this subject.

William Grimsley.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 15-Dec-18 17:17:17
Print Post

[re: WilliamGrimsley] [link to this post]

Matt at uno has vast2 or more than I!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 15-Dec-18 19:46:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by markyr74:
It does run for 2 weeks, it did it twice this year on my line due to my messing about with equipment, speeds are capped and are put back after two weeks. And thatís a fact. No idea where you got your info from.
That is not proof of anything. You can be capped for months, or even permanently. Do a search on the Fibre forum for capped for All posts.

You'll get a lot of irrelevant stuff but there will be many that will show you are wrong.

And don't be so rude. You seem to be good at it, which isn't advisable on a help forum if you get a reputation for it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Dec-18 13:28:02
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by flippery:
That backs up the ispreviiew 2016 statement. "All BT lines now support ipv6 on latest smarthub 6 or compatible router." Smarthub 4 and 5 later. date.

I never saw that - I will go back and re read it. Cheers smile
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 16-Dec-18 17:55:37
Print Post

DLM runs 24/7/365 not just for 2 weeks.

On ECI cabinets the line starts as fast as line conditions will let it (up to product speed), no training, just a wide open profile with fast path.
If the line is stable it will stay as it is.
On Hauwei it also starts wide open, but because there is no fast path anymore it will start interleaved, and providing the line is stable it will follow the path of enabling g.inp and changing xDB profiles over time. It was just luck yours took 2 weeks, for another person they may stop getting changes after a few days, or maybe get no changes at all,

Capping and then putting the speeds back in a 2 week period is not typical DLM behaviour.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Sun 16-Dec-18 17:56:33)

Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 18-Dec-18 23:23:08
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jaydub:
Still need to feed back to IDNet and to get a better explanation of what changes have been made.

Had an update from IDNet. Apparently I was with Zen backhaul (even though I thought they had moved me to BTw backhaul this January) and am now with BTw backhaul (which is where I thought I was) if you get my drift. wink
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Dec-18 18:40:36
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Pretty much the same here. I was on ZEN LLU backhaul and suffering peak single thread problems. I was told a few weeks ago that a switch to BT backhaul was on the cards and should sort my problem, though their suppliers denied a problem which is usual for all suppliers in these circumstances, but IdNet got it sorted.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to