General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Arkadian
(newbie) Wed 23-Jan-19 21:55:34
Print Post

leaving origin.. who to go to..

[link to this post]

Finally just had enough of origin. for the first two years it was fine but the tech and customer support has gone off a cliff.
been having problems since august leading to getting my pair switched.. then the latency was nasty and THEN down for 3 weeks. Road work was done and it was ok for a couple of days and then the latency problems were back and my connection dropped by 20mb/s on average.
When i pointed that out i was blatantly lied to that my average assessed speed was 47mb/s and when i pointed out that i very much recalled that the average when i purchased the service was assessed to be 65mb/s they again backtracked.
I asked for a deadlock letter and then claimed that my complaint only started just before new year... which is just plain nonsense.
Wait time when you call now has been 50 minutes at least and tonight i waited 55 minutes to get a reply and the guy that answered wasn't a tech(they claim that there staff are "dual trained for both customer service and tech" and this guy said no i don't do tech I'll transfer you and that was me on hold again and that was me for another 40 minutes.
The suckage is trong in this ISP.
So ladies and gents... which ISP can give me quality service and quaslity tech support that doesn't feel like placing your head in a woodchipper every time you call!?
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Jan-19 22:15:48
Print Post

Re: leaving origin.. who to go to..

[re: Arkadian] [link to this post]

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps/compare?isp_2=1&... gives you the best three.

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User Sandgrounder
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Jan-19 23:21:04
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps/compare?isp_2=1&... gives you the best three.
Looks good to me.

Allthough as Mr Morcambe said, "not necessarily in the right order."

Line One:- Zen Fibre 1 - DrayTek Vigor 2860ac
Line Two:- Andrews and Arnold - DrayTek Vigor 130 Modem
Mobile:- EE PAYG - TP-Link Archer MR200

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Sandgrounder
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Jan-19 23:30:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by Arkadian:
So ladies and gents... which ISP can give me quality service and quaslity tech support that doesn't feel like placing your head in a woodchipper every time you call!?
Call customer service - what is that all about?
I much prefer a service (or two) which just work 24/7/365

Line One:- Zen Fibre 1 - DrayTek Vigor 2860ac
Line Two:- Andrews and Arnold - DrayTek Vigor 130 Modem
Mobile:- EE PAYG - TP-Link Archer MR200
Standard User Arkadian
(newbie) Wed 23-Jan-19 23:59:58
Print Post

[re: Sandgrounder] [link to this post]

Call customer service - what is that all about?
I much prefer a service (or two) which just work 24/7/365

well as a disabled veteran and single father with two teenagers , i sadly won't be getting A&A as much as i would love to and certainly would not be getting two connections.
So good QoS at a decent price.. not cheap though.. something quality at a decent price.
I should have perhaps stated that in my first post
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 24-Jan-19 00:03:08
Print Post

How much are you paying Origin please? That at least gives us a ballpark smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User Arkadian
(newbie) Thu 24-Jan-19 00:08:17
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

good point!
at the moment 29 quids but can stretch to 40 for a better service bud for what is meant to be 76/20

Edited by Arkadian (Thu 24-Jan-19 00:15:02)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 24-Jan-19 01:07:20
Print Post

Have a look at uno. A smaller ISP with possibly the best customer care/service and a huge reputation amongst the regulars here.

The owner also posts frequently here. (Search for uno setting it to search for username for the last 6 months).

There are three of four people on these forums who rail against them as they are unable to migrate to them, (uno's order system says "No"), and one who was previously with them but can't get back. AIUI quite a few Origin users who were having lots of congestion there have moved to uno recently.

Having suggested them however, it seems very probable your line has a significant problem which any ISP could have trouble getting Openreach to sort out. At least you are likely to get the efforts made.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User Arkadian
(newbie) Thu 24-Jan-19 07:29:11
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

will have a look into them. I seem to remember having a wee look through the list of ISP's here and seeing one that had an optional charge of £1.50 per month to "insure" against openreach charges.. can't remember who it was for the life of me.
I'll call uno later and have a chat with them. i much prefer to call in the first instance and speak to people
Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 02-Feb-19 17:40:04
Print Post

Over the years the best ISP i've had is sky/nowtv

customer service is really helpful and based in the uk.
  Print Thread

Jump to