General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Business)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 05-May-11 09:53:24
Print Post

Decent provider with static IP?

[link to this post]

Hi,

I'm currently using Sky internet, but due to my job (web developer + programmer), I need a static IP address. Unfortunatly, it seems like Sky don't even offer that feature - even if you don't mind paying more!

Due to that, I need to pay off the remaining few months of the contract, and move away.

Can anyone suggest decent ISP's who offer static IPs? (doesn't have to be as standard - as I don't mind paying extra for it)

TIA

Andy
Standard User Sandgrounder
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-May-11 10:17:26
Print Post

Re: Decent provider with static IP?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Zen and Entanet. smile

Line One:- Zen - DrayTek Vigor 2600VG
Line Two:- EntaNet (Aquiss) - DrayTek Vigor 2600
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 05-May-11 11:43:06
Print Post

[re: Sandgrounder] [link to this post]

Thanks, I'll check those out smile

Cheers

Andy

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-May-11 16:15:14
Print Post

IDNET A very good company that looks after its customers.

Alf
------------------------------------
smile IDNET Happiness Online smile
I am in no way employed or connected with IDnet other than as a customer.

Idnetters Official Forums

There are 11 kinds of people, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who don't care.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 05-May-11 16:54:03
Print Post

Easynet offer adsl upto 20mb £50-00 per month low contention ratio no bt dlm profiling [censored] either, idnet and others are resold bt wholesale ip stream based not as reliable as llu based adsl is.and llu with the likes of easynet you will never see congestion, their peering is v,good too Easynet connect better than sky
or you have bethere they offer a static ip with the pro or unlimited products, cheaper than easynet but support and network resilience isn't as good as easynet are , but for the price is good value ,but no sla's with be,

Be* broadband
Standard User mattewan
(regular) Thu 05-May-11 17:15:38
Print Post

I'm paying just over £40 odd per month for plusnet business option 3 with Annex M

getting 13mbps down and 2.1mbps up.

It will go up to 2.5mbps upload if your line supports it.

Unlimited transfer day and night

Also get a static ip, and you can request a block if needed.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 05-May-11 17:50:16
Print Post

[re: mattewan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mattewan:
I'm paying just over £40 odd per month for plusnet business option 3 with Annex M

getting 13mbps down and 2.1mbps up.

It will go up to 2.5mbps upload if your line supports it.

Unlimited transfer day and night

Also get a static ip, and you can request a block if needed.
but it subject to BTWholesales DLM And possible congestion and all the other bad things associated with ip stream
20cn or 21cn would be a deciding factor if the op could get annex M or even speeds above 8mbit as all bt exchanges have not been upgraded

Easynet are without doubt the best llu provider, followed by BE , both offer a unlimited/un- throttled service plusnet is capped by its fup, so if you shift a lot of data then unless you want to spend £50-00 per month of over on adsl then you will not find better value for money and usability than one of those llu isp's that i have highlighted, best advice stay away from anything bt wholesale based,
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 05-May-11 18:13:26
Print Post

[re: mattewan] [link to this post]

You pay £40 for an annex m connection, wow, i pay far less be*pro llu no dlm and fastpath,and also unlimited
I used to be with UKOnline they used easynet peering and routing but used the easynet/sky network, and both their tech/cs support where easynet staff not sky's, based in the uk the tech support would also make line profile changes as you spoke if requested, but unfortunately they are no longer trading,but if i had a business that was reliant on a good bb connection backed up by good support then i would pay a bit more and go for easynet, as they give sla's should things go wrong such as a line fault, only thing they don't offer is annex m upload + upto2.5mb but although the advertised upload speed is only 768kbps you should be able to get tech support to uncap it for you, so really you would see around 1,2mbit and the snr's can be tweaked they as far as i know do not use dlm so the speed you see on the first day will be what you will normally get unless the snr is changed and or fastpath is enabled or not, their exchange kit also supports sra (seamless rate adaption) if your line is not that good,also they offer a unlimited service with no shaping on any protocol

Edited by tommy45 (Thu 05-May-11 18:18:48)

Standard User Sandgrounder
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-May-11 18:24:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
but it subject to BTWholesales DLM And possible congestion and all the other bad things .....
These are mostly a myth - caused by people using cheap (and hence poor) ISPs.
I have had no troubles at all with Zen - fast and very reliable - been with with them since 2003.

LLU also has its own share of problems.

edited to fix typo blush

Line One:- Zen - DrayTek Vigor 2600VG
Line Two:- EntaNet (Aquiss) - DrayTek Vigor 2600

Edited by Sandgrounder (Thu 05-May-11 18:27:28)

Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 06-May-11 08:21:18
Print Post

What is available on your exchange?

If you can get C&W on your exchange check Xilo.net out.

Cracking ISP and support, static IP's, unlimited and LLU so no profile / DLM rubbish.

It is advertised as being 16Mb but it will run at 24Mb.

-

xilo.net Office 8Mb
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to