General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Business)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User keymaster
(member) Wed 13-Jul-11 21:18:09
Print Post

21cn change over and new ISP

[link to this post]

Hi
I currently have mac and looking to move I am currently on business 45 with enta reseller, I have no issue with reseller only Enta, my exchage was due to "upgrade" me to 21cn in 3 weeks, what difference if any will this make?
been looking who to change to, no LLU here and if downloading were to become an Olympic event my son would definitely make the UK team, although as he works its during off peak times. my budget is about £35 inc vat. I have been interested in Xilo as Matt has helped me on these forums on the past but also looked at Eclipse business packages, anywhere else worth a look. I should say that 12 month contracts scare me more than Freddie Kruger.
thanks
Key

>Naims<
Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Jul-11 10:13:01
Print Post

Re: 21cn change over and new ISP

[re: keymaster] [link to this post]

Whats the issue you are having with Enta?
What sort of peak time usage are you looking at?

The 21cn will mean a faster connection speed and higher upload depending on the current line conditions. Although the back end part is being done, it will not automatically change your profile as this is a manual process although as a zero cost.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User keymaster
(member) Thu 14-Jul-11 10:37:35
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Hi
thank you for your reply, issue is off peak recently has been not so good, I use skype quite a lot and sometimes with video, on offpeak this is almost always red and sometimes unusable, while my customers at the other end have no issue on much cheaper packages than I am on. at the weekend this was starting to Irk me a bit so called Enta, tech guy answered phone "yes, hello?" I said sorry, I think I have wrong number, is that tech support? "yes, whats wrong?" and things went downhill from there. basically he never asked my account or number, just said that he could not Guarantee anything but basic internet after 8pm ! Skype?
anyway, peak useage (if this doesnt include weekend) is about 30gig. I offered to buy my son a sky box to stop him watching so many offpeak online tv but he didnt want..gggrrrr.
Key

>Naims<

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Jul-11 10:42:41
Print Post

Well, we don't have any 12 month contacts apart from FTTC, so would be month by month with us smile

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User keymaster
(member) Thu 14-Jul-11 10:50:07
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Hi
I know m8 and your help was sterling when I had the issue with my host, although I didnt take up your kind offer of assistance I was very grateful for the offer.
I am very aware that my sons offpeak gaming and streaming is what causes me issues rather than my peak time online businesses. but I need daytime to be good as that is where my money comes from. I dont want to mess you around. I want to make sure 100%
the correct way forward as dont want to be constantly changing.
thanks
Roy

>Naims<
Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Jul-11 11:09:44
Print Post

Hi,
Well thats not a very good story to hear, and while I know it's a little late now, if you (or anyone else for that matter) has an issue with a support engineer, they should always contact their reseller and complain, it does go further (well it does with us anyway) as these issues need to be sorted out as soon as they become aparent.
If you fiund your reseller is not much help, move reseller, they are not all the same!
Do you know what your off peak data usage is?

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User keymaster
(member) Thu 14-Jul-11 11:49:54
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Hi
Thank you for your reply, I have not been able to check useage on my entanet page for some time now , just says peak and offpeak are Zero every month!
I didnt want to post this as I guess this makes me an unattractive type of customer but I would say that my son can quite easily kick the [censored] out 80gig offpeak useage. when looking for an ISP I need qood quality for my online business but I am always handicapped by his useage and cannot get him to stop using his PC as a tv and downloading non stop rubbish.
Roy

>Naims<
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Jul-11 12:00:37
Print Post

Roy - Give me a call if you want a chat about this. I'm sure you won't have any peak/off-peak problems.

You won't be messing us around - that's what we're here for and why we have rolling month contracts, so they are flexible for you.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User keymaster
(member) Wed 20-Jul-11 08:44:43
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Hi
Ok speeds sorted out finally on last day - migrate to una and 21cn tomorrow!!
Key

P.s. the sig worked well - NOT

Edited by keymaster (Wed 20-Jul-11 08:46:05)

Standard User keymaster
(member) Thu 21-Jul-11 16:12:49
Print Post

Hi
well changed over to uno, but I suspect something not quite right with my speed test lololol
Before
[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1393538365.png[/IMG]

after
http://speedtest.uk.net/result/40389/

cheers Matt

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to