General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Business)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User trolleybus
(member) Tue 18-Jun-13 17:06:33
Print Post

Any small business users out there with fibre not with BT?

[link to this post]

OK we are currently half way through a two year contract with BT. Our service consists of a single exchange line with BT Infinity 80/20 the breakdown of costs on a monthly basis being:
Exchange Line £17
Total Care £3.50
Infinity 80/20 £35
Fixed IP £5
Add that lot together and we get £60.50 + VAT. That yearly spend of £871 was hit with a surcharge of £202 because we had failed to meet our committed spend of £500. A committed spend is apparently having 2 core products one of which would be the line rental; what the others could be, I have no idea. Apparently this committed spend was something we agreed upon, but I have no recollection of that being brought into the equation on placing the order. So for one year that's almost £1100 spent on line rental and broadband provision.

It will be around the same spend for the next 12 months but apparently the committed spend does not apply from year 3 onwards. The analogue line is connected to a fax machine whose use gets less by the day.

Hmm, why is it thought that a business user should pay 3 times more than a domestic user for line rental with infinity added on?

So we have tasted the BT offering and thought for our next office location a different ISP should be considered for our communication requirements in the hope of a lower spend. So who could offer a fixed IP fibre based service of 80/20 other than BT and at what cost? I would be interested in learning of our options and thank in advance anyone who responds.
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Jun-13 09:43:47
Print Post

Re: Any small business users out there with fibre not with B

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

Hi,
If it helps the same FTTC product with us would be Business option 2 80/20 100GB data cap £31.00 or our Business option 3 80/20 unlimited £36.00 (these both include the static IP with the monthly price) PSTN line £10.99 no commitment on annual call spend.

Any questions, just let us know.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User trolleybus
(member) Wed 19-Jun-13 09:48:04
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Thank you for your most informative reply. Information held on file for further investigation.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Wed 19-Jun-13 10:17:44
Print Post

https://www.idnet.net/data_products/fttc_phone.php £47.50 + VAT for fibre, line rental and 200 GB of download allowance. £39.50 for same but 100 GB/month download allowance.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Jul-14 08:02:17
Print Post

Zen offers 80/20 FTTC, line rental and unlimited downloads for £42 +VAT a month. No activation fee, and a twelve month contract.

The best Zen service I have on a Zen backhaul enabled exchange gives consistent 5ms pings to www.bbc.co.uk

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
  Print Thread

Jump to