General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Business)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MrBrownstone
(newbie) Tue 03-Sep-13 13:54:58
Print Post

office broadband 2.5Mb area

[link to this post]

I'll be as brief as possible

My office only has ADSL available and it's only 2.5Mb max

(the office is on pride park in derby it is widely publicised in the local media that the speeds are awful)

There is no fibre

I'm looking at the best possible option without having to pay for an expensive leased line

Could multiple phone lines and a load balancing router be an option?

What would be the best way to go about this?, will I first need to get the phone lines and a router myself or is there a company who can do this for me?

Thank You
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Sep-13 21:52:56
Print Post

Re: office broadband 2.5Mb area

[re: MrBrownstone] [link to this post]

Bonded is one option but you could also look at an EFM solutions, like a leased line but uses multiple pairs of copper and a lot cheaper than a full blown leased line.
Most providers (like us) can take care of everything for you, including our bonded solutions having a fully managed option.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 04-Sep-13 03:50:56
Print Post

Plus with vivaciti they're going to give you a great level of care unmatched by the likes of Talktalk etc. I assume its pretty important for a business like yours.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Wed 04-Sep-13 08:56:15
Print Post

Maybe our Office::1 product:
http://aa.net.uk/broadband-office1.html
Bonded lines, hardware included etc...

Andrew Hearn
AAISP Technical Support
aa.net.uk support@aaisp.net.uk 03333 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Sep-13 10:00:26
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Ethernet First Mile?

I've heard amazing things about that stuff.
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Sep-13 10:04:31
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Can do some pretty good stuff, it is still distance dependant but can reduce costs considerably and has a much shorter lead time compared to Fibre.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User Drew_M
(regular) Thu 05-Sep-13 06:42:57
Print Post

Hi

There are a range of options available to you but they depend on how much bandwidth you want now, your possible future demands and your budget (Of cause!).

Bonded DSL is a great option and we can do this up to about 4 lines where the gain for the extra circuits starts to become out weighed by the over head of processing out of order packets.

EFM is like a fibre leased line but supplied over copper. It's kind of a bonded DSL, so distance dependent with speeds from 20Mb/s down to about 2Mb/s depending on distance. We would quote you a minimum guaranteed speed and a projected speed before ordering so you know what you will be getting. The downside to EFM is that you can only get what you are quoted, there is no upgrade path. If you later needed 20Mb/s on a circuit delivering you 5Mb/s you can't. The up side is that unlike bonded DSL, EFM comes with an SLA and unlimited, 1:1 contended, symmetric bandwidth (So the same speed in both directions) like a fibre leased line, so it's like a cheaper version without the expansion options.

Fibre leased lines are the Rolls Royce of connections and the most expensive but you get what you buy. You want 30Mb/s then that is what you get in both directions. Coupled with the ability to upgrade from 10Mb/s to 1000Mb/s you get ultimate flexibility but at a price! The only other downside is the lead time for installation as these circuits are very much bespoke to you so will be installed on your own, private fibre which takes time to plan and install.

We can deliver all these as managed services, so we supply the PSTN lines/ bearers and the hardware fully configured and all you have to do is plug it in and put your network on the LAN interface. We'll then monitor the connection once in service to ensure all is and remains well.

Please feel free to contact me if you want to have a chat about your options, I would be very happy to put some prices together for your options and discuss the pros and cons in more detail.

Drew

Standard User toforseven
(newbie) Fri 13-Sep-13 20:51:03
Print Post

Can do some pretty good stuff, it is still distance dependant but can reduce costs considerably and has a much shorter lead time compared to Fibre.
  Print Thread

Jump to