General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Business)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 31-May-18 20:49:20
Print Post

Re: (Working from home) Virgin Business vs FTTC?

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
Just in case people don't notice they are business prices and exclude VAT (at least as far as I can tell).

Ah yes - thanks for pointing that out - it sipped my mind.. It's about £84 including VAT and it comes with 32GB a month with rollover (and uses EE) - pretty cool
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 06-Aug-18 02:37:35
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
I always thought a VPN connection would drop in that situation - but this router does sound good if it keeps it all going smile
You set up two VPNs to run constantly, one via each telecoms provider, and use policy based routing to pass traffic through the tunnels in order of priority. If the main VPN route goes down, the transition to the less preferred VPN is seamless.

You can also use both VPNs to route simultaneously and load balance traffic between them. If one goes down, the link just gets slower.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs

Edited by caffn8me (Mon 06-Aug-18 02:41:36)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Aug-18 12:21:29
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

That'a fair enough and thanks for the explanation - interesting smile

I\ve still got VM business and swapped the res VM for a AAISP line - £129 a month and I can still bond them together.

I found that with VM and VMB you can still stream and use the web when someone is uploading - handy if needed but I use the AA line now for all uploads.

to the OP if you have still not sorted it - VMB and especially the vroom 3 (or plus if you need a mobile) if you can get it is a fantastic offering. FTTC backup always worth it or even ADSL if you need a backup at a lower cost.

talktalk business are still doing theirs free subject to line rental.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to