General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Business)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Mike3650
(newbie) Tue 27-Nov-18 13:21:35
Print Post

TalkTalk Business Complete Fibre

[link to this post]

Just wondering what peoples experience have been with the TalkTalk Business fibre service?

Also I would like to know if there would be any issues in migrating to/from TTB network? Currently with a BT Wholesale FTTC provider.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 27-Nov-18 14:00:43
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk Business Complete Fibre

[re: Mike3650] [link to this post]

Their line checker, on the fibre page, should tell you whether they can migrate your line - or require a new installation. I know they wouldn't migrate Sky lines, but you should be OK with BT. Migrating out from TTB might cost you more e.g. IDNET charge extra for non-BT lines. Also they do(did?) send an engineer out for the migration - even though a migration to TT residential doesn't require one.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Nov-18 15:04:56
Print Post

Was with TTB from 2014 to 2017 on their 'Complete' package, never had any issues. Rock solid service with top class 7 days Warrington based phone support - many of their support staff are ex-Zen. Only left them as I got a FTTP line installed.

They also let you leave penalty free under the OFCOM Business Broadband Code of Practice if they cannot resolve any issue within 28 days - even if you are in mid-contract. I believe they're one of a handful of business ISPs who have signed up to this scheme.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Netgear XR700 running DumaOS

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Mike3650
(newbie) Wed 28-Nov-18 09:19:37
Print Post

Thanks for the replies and info you have provided.
Standard User Mike3650
(newbie) Wed 28-Nov-18 20:03:11
Print Post

Would I be right in thinking that TTB is much better than the retail side?

I'm a little hesitant is choosing them because I have read that he retail arm is terrible and with having to sign up to a 24 month contract isn't ideal.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-Nov-18 20:28:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by Mike3650:
Would I be right in thinking that TTB is much better than the retail side?

I'm a little hesitant is choosing them because I have read that he retail arm is terrible and with having to sign up to a 24 month contract isn't ideal.

Yes, they're supposed to be better than TTR. For a start their lines get priority over TTR traffic at busy times at the exchange. Plus add in decent support (they only use UK call centres) and options like static IP addresses, advanced line features such as free conference calling, free call waiting and free call diversion then you get far more than their Residential service. On the downside its a 24 months min contract term but as I said earlier, you can leave penalty free if they can't resolve any line issues within 28 days.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Netgear XR700 running DumaOS
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 30-Nov-18 15:02:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by Mike3650:
Just wondering what peoples experience have been with the TalkTalk Business fibre service?

Also I would like to know if there would be any issues in migrating to/from TTB network? Currently with a BT Wholesale FTTC provider.

With them for 2 years - had Complete - had 0 problems. If I ever re activate my line I will be going back to them for sure.

Only left them as I switched to cable and didn't need the line anymore.

"Would I be right in thinking that TTB is much better than the retail side?"

Correct- its why people like Pulse8 and AAISP use them for their res service.

I also had 2 very nice conversations with Warrington - and neither of them were about the service more things I had done or needed. I was also allowed to leave them 15 months in due to a price rise - but I declined as at the time I had all the unlimited calls etc so it was worth it for me.

Edited by 23Prince (Fri 30-Nov-18 15:05:42)

Print Thread

Jump to