Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User OCdragon
(committed) Mon 07-Mar-11 19:56:25
Print Post

XP Outlook Express "configuration Issues" help!

[link to this post]

I have XP and I just found that, due to some unknown reasons, my XP's Outlook Express has been re-configured into:
1) it stops opening the windows which would normally a) display the folders for "Inbox", "Sent", "Deleted" etc and b) displaying just all the message titles in another windows, and c) briefly the content of the message to which my "cursor" is pointing to in other windows after I have accidentally shut it down by clicking its "X" box associated with that windows. So how I can get it back???
2) I still want my Outlook Express to display the "titiles" of all the e-mails only, not being stuck to displaying the FULL contents of a message immediately I opened my Outlook Express Application. Can you help please?? Is it something to do with the "View" configurations in my Outlook Express needs to be configured ??

Thanks

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows XP Pro

O2 Standard ADSL2+ Broadband!
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Mar-11 20:09:51
Print Post

Re: XP Outlook Express "configuration Issues" help!

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

Try View / Layout/ Folder List ticked for starters.

Don't understand c) but think you are referring to Preview Pane which you can tailor there too.

EDIT: Sounds like you have pulled the Preview Pane to fill the whole sub-window. Just pull its top bar down till you like its proportion.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB

Edited by XRaySpeX (Mon 07-Mar-11 20:15:39)

Standard User OCdragon
(committed) Mon 07-Mar-11 20:41:39
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Try View / Layout/ Folder List ticked for starters.

EDIT: Sounds like you have pulled the Preview Pane to fill the whole sub-window. Just pull its top bar down till you like its proportion.

You're right! I followed what you said above, in particular pulling down the Preview Pane top-bar to regain my e-mail title's windows. It is working as I wanted now. Many thanks

P.S: I just couldn't remember HOW and WHEN I messed up my Outlook Express's Layout, strange!!

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows XP Pro

O2 Standard ADSL2+ Broadband!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User camieabz
(legend) Mon 07-Mar-11 21:26:48
Print Post

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

Was tidying files today and came across a folder of funny pics. One in particular might seem similar.

Linky

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011 - All rights and lefts reserved.

report this link
  Print Thread

Jump to