Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 11-Apr-11 22:58:19
Print Post

IE9 "copy" of tabular data

[link to this post]

Has anyone noticed or commented on Copy/Paste of tabular data, which has worked in all previous IEs, fails in IE9?

A "copy" in Opera pastes correctly in IE9, but a "copy" in IE9 strings it all down the page, a cell at a time with loads of extra line feeds.

This seems to be happening with router line stats, and I proved it with tbb speed test results from My Profile.

See this thread in TTTS, but if you want to respond please do so here rather than there. I posted it there because I thought it was a tbb issue, which it isn't.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User john2007
(legend) Mon 11-Apr-11 23:13:39
Print Post

Re: IE9 "copy" of tabular data

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

By the time of the Microsoft press release we'll know we didn't understand copy/paste properly.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Mon 11-Apr-11 23:16:22
Print Post

[re: john2007] [link to this post]

grin laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 12-Apr-11 14:53:25
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by billford:
grin laugh
Ditto.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 13-Jun-11 05:34:05
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

While searching for an answer to this problem I came across your question, which has not had a good answer. Having spent many hours trying different things, I have found a simple answer.

Click the Compatibility View button, located to the right side of the address bar (next to the Refresh button).

The page will refresh in compatibility view. Now repeat the copy of the table data, which will go onto the clipboard without all the extra line feeds.

The web site will be added to a list of web sites to display in compatibility view, so you should only need to do it once. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956197 for more information on IE9 compatibility view.
Standard User JPL
(member) Mon 13-Jun-11 09:49:52
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I had this problem with the Land Registry Housing Price Index and eventually gave up and wrote a little program to fix it.

JPL
  Print Thread

Jump to