Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 26-Apr-11 22:55:31
Print Post

Vista Exe Files Not Working

[link to this post]

Hi,
I've a machine running vista hp 32 bit. I had some spyware and viruses on my machine, have cleared these now using anti malware software and ESET.

TRhe trouble is, a few programs now won't open. Sage accounts simp;ly starts, gives the flashj screen for a fraction of a second then vanishes. Slim server comes up with a message sayin - This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an assocaition in the Set Assocuiations control panel - [censored] does this mean frown

The lkong and short is that I now have a 'clean' machine, but not one I can use for two of the most important programs. If it helps any, have uninstalled and reintslled slim server, still have the same problem.

I'm exhausted and need to go to bed. Will be up at 4am (UK) to have a look so please if you've any ideas at all, please list them and I'll work through them in the very early hours.

Many thanks to all for any help
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Apr-11 00:02:19
Print Post

Re: Vista Exe Files Not Working

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Slim server comes up with a message sayin - This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel - [censored] does this mean frown
Not familiar with the programs you cite, but what file type/extension does this program produce/use?

You probably need to go into CP/Default Progs/Set Associations to check that that program is associated with that extension. Same for all your other programs.

Very likely that malware has screwed up these associations.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User revchips
(regular) Wed 27-Apr-11 01:00:59
Print Post

Re: Vista Exe Files Not Working

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

try using the registry fix for exe files in this link
http://www.mydigitallife.info/reset-and-fix-broken-w...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to