Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MHC
(legend) Mon 23-May-11 17:40:04
Print Post

MS Word Issue

[link to this post]

When I open a document and thus MS Word it open in one of two sizes - maximised on the screen or minimised right down to just a tab on the TaskBar. I cannot get a small window to open ... or at least it is opening at zero x zero size and I can do nothing about it. Right Click and Restore on the TaskBar when Maximised makes it disappear as does Minimise.

Any ideas on how to sort this problem? Either in Word or in the registry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User camieabz
(legend) Mon 23-May-11 18:12:43
Print Post

Re: MS Word Issue

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/3860...

Might be able to apply this one to word. (Anne Troy's post)

Might have a different version to 'microsoft\office\8.0'...my one is 'microsoft\office\12.0'

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

Live BQM

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User MHC
(legend) Mon 23-May-11 18:42:59
Print Post

Re: MS Word Issue

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

I've actually JUST resolved it.

I use both my Laptop screen along with a second 22" screen where I display the applications when working on them. Earlier today I changed the relative positions of the two screens along with the settings in display properties.

I would have thought that the changes would be reflected or if the screen location was not addressable then revert to the laptop screen. It reverted to the laptop for full screen but not for partial screen.

So, I moved the properties back to there they were (approx), tried again and it worked - so left word open, changed properties again and the window moved across! Does that make sense to you?

The Regedit suggested is a little drastic - there must be a line giving the default co-ordinates that I could have tweaked! I may try that if I get another app which has issues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to