Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User camieabz
(legend) Thu 09-Jun-11 22:44:49
Print Post

Excel Exit

[link to this post]

I created a couple of macros tonight, but it seems to have caused a side effect.

Prior to tonight, when I clicked the red 'x' to exit the application it would shutdown. Since making the macros it just closes the open workbook, but leaves Excel running (no workbook open). I most definitely did not exit Excel while recording my macros. They were simple things:

Start recording macro.

Select all populated columns and autofit all.

Select specific columns and delete.

Save the worksheet.

Stop recording macro.

Then once happy with it, I exited Excel and saved the macro to the personal macro template thingy. Excel 2007. Any ideas why this is happening?

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

Live BQM

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User 12eason
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 10-Jun-11 11:44:10
Print Post

Re: Excel Exit

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

Not sure about macros created by recording, but it tends to happen in VBA when you instantiate an application object and don't close it when the code returns.
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Fri 21-Oct-11 03:50:16
Print Post

Re: Excel 2007 Exit [SOLVED]

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

Well I'm not sure how this started, but here's two ways round it:

Excel Options / Advanced / Display / Show all windows in the taskbar (disable/untick this)

or

Excel Options / Customise / All commands (select "Exit" from the list) / Add to Quick Access Toolbar

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

All Connection Data ~ plusnet

Scottish Labour politician: “The SNP are on a very dangerous tack. What they are doing is trying to build up a situation in Scotland where the services are manifestly better than south of the border in a number of areas.”

Interviewer: ”Is that a bad thing?”

Scottish Labour politician: “No, but they are doing it deliberately.”

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to