Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 27-Jul-11 11:03:55
Print Post

server partitioning software

[link to this post]

I need a server partitioning software for a couple of my servers and would like to know which one is the best one to go for

Thank you.
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Jul-11 16:01:51
Print Post

Re: server partitioning software

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

What OS etc? Can you not use the built-in utilities?

(legend) Thu 28-Jul-11 21:03:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I need a server partitioning software for a couple of my servers and would like to know which one is the best one to go for

Thank you.
VMware

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Jul-11 09:14:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I think you need to clarify what you mean by 'partitioning'. In the traditional PC arena that refers to subdividing storage media (ie;having multiple volumes on a single disk) and any self-respecting OS would include tools to do that as standard.

However beyond the PC world the term 'partitioning' especially used in conjunction with 'server' implies a single machine acting like or hosting multiple machines. The more common PC term for this is 'virtualisation'.

Given that you're posting in the Windows section of the forum It would help if you could clarify which you mean smile

Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he can smile

Edited by Andrue (Fri 29-Jul-11 09:16:55)

Print Thread

Jump to