Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MHC
(legend) Wed 14-Sep-11 12:24:14
Print Post

Microsoft Word PDF writer

[link to this post]

One of my team has MS Office 2010 and it includes a PDF writer.

She has recently created several documents in PDF format - they include images and text. On receiving them, they all look fine to me but a partner company recently responded that they could not read the documents - they were seeing the logos and other images but the text - although the right size and weight (normal/bold) it appeared as a smeared black line rather than characters.

First thoughts - corruption but since then a customer has reported the same. We have found out where the difficulty in reading the document lies - Apple devices; iPad, iMac, MacBook.

Has anyone else seen this problem? If so how can it be overcome?

Does anyone have both PC with Office 2010 and an Apple that they can try it out for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User micksharpe
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Sep-11 12:47:27
Print Post

Re: Microsoft Word PDF writer

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Microsoft article on the topic. As a possible work-around, OpenOffice allows you to open Word documents and export them to PDF.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
“Hollywood is like life, you face it with the sum total of your equipment.” -- Joan Crawford
It Ought to be Easy | Greasemonkey scripts
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Sep-11 20:42:10
Print Post

Re: Microsoft Word PDF writer

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
Has anyone else seen this problem? If so how can it be overcome?

Does anyone have both PC with Office 2010 and an Apple that they can try it out for me.

I have Office 2010 SP1 on my Win7 PC, and I have a MacBook Pro with Office:Mac 2011.

I don't have any PostScript fonts on the PC. Looks like that's the issue? Can you not substitute an equivalent TrueType?

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM

Edited by jchamier (Fri 16-Sep-11 20:42:35)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to