Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User smc
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 16-Nov-11 11:28:42
Print Post

Windows 7 and Windows Mail

[link to this post]

Last week I was given a new laptop with Windows 7 on it, up till now I have been using XP.

I downloaded the 2011 version of Windows Mail and set up my e-mail accounts onto that. My main Hotmail account is not showing any e-mails before August 2011, they are all still in Hotmail if I check via MSN website so they have not been deleted.

On previous laptop and netbook with XP it is fine, all e-mails there so I am assuming it is a Windows 7 thing. I even changed to the 2009 version of Live Mail but still the older e-mails are not there.

Anyone know of any fixes for this?
Standard User AEP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 16-Nov-11 11:46:46
Print Post

Re: Windows 7 and Windows Mail

[re: smc] [link to this post]

It's not a Windows 7 thing. I have two Hotmail accounts, and both of them show all the emails that I have ever received. You might want to chek the synchronization settings for your Hotmail folders. Right-click on a folder and check that "Synchronization settings" is set to "all messages"; unfortunately, I think you can only do this on a folder-by-folder basis.
Standard User smc
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 16-Nov-11 11:49:44
Print Post

[re: AEP] [link to this post]

They are all set to "all messages"

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User AEP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 16-Nov-11 12:05:43
Print Post

[re: smc] [link to this post]

Then I'm afraid I have no explanation.

Just as a matter of interest, in the Properties for the account does it say "My mail server is an HTTP server." int the "Servers" tab?
  Print Thread

Jump to