Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Dec-11 20:36:48
Print Post

Chrome problem

[link to this post]

Has anyone had any problems with Chrome with the latest version (and the previous one too) where it all tab clicking, options etc become completely unresponsive - and prevent tabs from any other program from working too... It also prevents the close button from working too (and can only close with a right-click over the icon).

It happened with Windows XP and a totally new installation of Windows 7

-----------------------------------------------
Good for what ails you.. Follow me on Twitter. Be* Say it with wibbles!
My YouTube Channel Programming : My GLBasic Books

Edited by MrTAToad2 (Fri 16-Dec-11 20:42:36)

Standard User Jessica1234
(newbie) Fri 23-Dec-11 07:33:59
Print Post

Re: Chrome problem *DELETED*

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

Post deleted by MrSaffron
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Fri 23-Dec-11 08:21:11
Print Post

Re: Chrome problem

In reply to a post by MrTAToad2:
Has anyone had any problems with Chrome with the latest version (and the previous one too) where it all tab clicking, options etc become completely unresponsive - and prevent tabs from any other program from working too... It also prevents the close button from working too (and can only close with a right-click over the icon).

It happened with Windows XP and a totally new installation of Windows 7
Yeah I've seen this. I think it's actually a problem with Java but I haven't tracked it down.

Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he can smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Dec-11 01:19:07
Print Post

Re: Chrome problem

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

Yes, apparently a few people have. After upgrading to 4GB in case it was a memory problem, it actually turned out to be the wireless keyboard causing the problem. As it suddenly started happening, its possible either the signal was being scrambled or the batteries were low - replace with a PS/2 (will be getting a USB one sometime in the new year) and the problem is solved!

Standard User Littleseen
(learned) Sat 14-Jan-12 16:57:54
Print Post

Re: Chrome problem, me too with this

Wife & I each have a standalone tower pc thru a router and both run XP. We both use Chrome. Just lately she cannot read the newspaper front pages in Sky News. It shows the first paper but won't cycle thru the rest. My system however is 100%

It is a new problem with Chrome? I compared all her settings with my own (the same), made sure it wasn't the AV prog and did a full AV scan anyway. I un-installed Chrome and then re-installed it. She was able to read the front pages just once, then again the glitch.

I re-enabled Windows Explorer for her and now she can successfully read all the pages (there are usually about 10 newspapers featured) in IE but still not in Chrome. The glitch cannot be at Sky because I am functional. It cannot be her pc because IE does the deed. It isn't the router because I have tried swopping the leads. What is left? Chrome.....

Obscurity is a comfortable cloak
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 21-Jan-12 14:55:39
Print Post

Re: Chrome problem, me too with this

[re: Littleseen] [link to this post]

I think it must have been a newly added "feature"....

Print Thread

Jump to