Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 30-Jan-12 11:10:50
Print Post

wireless mouse for laptop

[link to this post]

I need a mouse for my laptop instead of using the touchpad and thinking of getting a wireless one or is it better to get a wired one?

Thank you.
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Mon 30-Jan-12 12:22:45
Print Post

Re: wireless mouse for laptop

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

The wireless mouse I use has a USB receiver, so you might have to plug and unplug something everytime you pack/unpack the laptop. In that sense, I would go wired and save a few quid, but go laser and not need a mousemat.

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

All Connection Data ~ plusnet

Scottish Labour politician: “The SNP are on a very dangerous tack. What they are doing is trying to build up a situation in Scotland where the services are manifestly better than south of the border in a number of areas.”

Interviewer: ”Is that a bad thing?”

Scottish Labour politician: “No, but they are doing it deliberately.”
Standard User G3UZF
(committed) Mon 30-Jan-12 12:36:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I need a mouse for my laptop instead of using the touchpad and thinking of getting a wireless one or is it better to get a wired one?

Both my Wife and I use a Logitech M305 Cordless Mouse on our Laptops. Never could get on with the touchpad! Mouse rests easily on the space below the Keyboard and enough movement to cover the screen without needing to lift it off.

I have a very small USB receiver with it that's only 6mm proud of the metal part of the plug. No problems in puting the Laptop in its case and doesn't restrict anything as it's so small.

Allergy Advice: This post may contain traces of Meerkats.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Mikey2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 30-Jan-12 16:26:42
Print Post

A Bluetooth mouse could also be an option if you don't want to bother with a usb receiver.

Mike
If you have to swallow a frog, try not to think about it. If you have to swallow two frogs, don't swallow the smaller one first.
Standard User AEP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 30-Jan-12 17:00:26
Print Post

Does your laptop have Bluetooth? In that case, as suggested elsewhere, a Bluetooth mouse is the best choice. Otherwise any wireless one, with a dongle, will do; the dongles on some are very small.

I would never go back to using wired mice now that I am used to wireless ones.
Standard User Daniel_g
(regular) Mon 30-Jan-12 17:10:29
Print Post

I got a £6 mouse to replace the single AA battery ebay buy from 3 years ago. That was a £13 proper laser ( the invisiable bit that comes out the bottom). Battery lasted for ever and with a quick wiggle it woke back up. they don't seem to be on ebay anywhere, not even the make is there in search options.

Best current thing for a ok price from here ( old one was china so takes 3 weeks to arrive but normally cheaper, no disrespect to any uk seller reading this!).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gigabyte-M7700-1600DPI-Wir...

other cheaper options, but might get caught out as I did with the cheap £6 replacement last month of it being a blue LED shining out the bottom, eats batteries. at least £1 shop rechargable AAA of low quality.

Laser mouse , I got a good 6 months use and did not turn off at the switch under it.

---------------
These may be optial, I now have and got so good on batteries or tracking on all surfaces but goes on the leather sofa arm!. My one not sure about these, just examples of optial I guess as no mention of it being laser, more dear ones are I now learn't the hard way when getting new one weeks ago.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sumvision-AMBER-GX-2-4G-Wi...

This says laser so could argue if not.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gigabyte-M7770-1600dpi-Las...

To be fair as just looked at what I bought was optical, was after laser. Better tracking and run for longer. My old one 6 months on 1 AA alkaline, and can get packs in the local 99p store. Batteries are not a problem if bought from the right place!.
Nice to have no wires.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250943708301

I have this, does the job but gone through 2 sets in 4 weeks. If rechagable then not to bad, laser mouse for normal or expensive to run optical mice.

I got rechargable.

Some come with them and charge by plugging into usb hole. or no batteries but supply your own.

I had these arrive 3 days ago for this ok mouse but not real laser like my old not existent one on ebay anymore.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-Rechargeable-AAA-1000m...

What I think on the subject anyway.
Standard User Daniel_g
(regular) Mon 30-Jan-12 17:15:32
Print Post

[re: AEP] [link to this post]

I had a bluetooth one once, linked to the computer then not and with other blutooth devices at the same time like streaming the audio to a bluetooth receiver that then gave audio line out to speaker. Did not work, juddery, took forever to log on when it shut down, sent it back.

Bluetooth mice, might have had a dud but not for me. Like to press a button, left click does to wake up the one I have now and then instantly goes.

Does me.
Not putting blutooth down but did not go for me. They must do or whould not sell any so just me being daft andf not setting up right I guess.

Then got the nice now died one 3 years ago, nano reciever is not a problem and sister had one of the laser ones I had and we could use in the same room so they are locked as a pair mouse and nano dongle thing) when bough so 2 of the same not a problem
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 31-Jan-12 12:50:28
Print Post

Will a wired mouse be good for the job? Laptop about 95% of the time used on a desk.
Standard User AEP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 31-Jan-12 13:06:46
Print Post

Now that I am used to wireless mice I find wired ones a pain. The cord restricts movement and keeps getting caught up.

But it's a matter of personal preference.
Standard User DavidFinbarr
(freechataholic) Tue 31-Jan-12 13:28:48
Print Post

[re: AEP] [link to this post]

With a laptop i use a corded, I never found the cord bothers me (also stops me leaving the mouse behind)

On my PC I would hate to go back to a corded.

A bottle of white, a bottle of red
Perhaps a bottle of rosé instead.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to