Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User majestic100
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-12 11:13:43
Print Post

Add-in

[link to this post]

I'm running Windows XP SP3. Everytime I come to this site I get the an information bar come up declaring "An add-in for this website failed to run. Checck to security settings in Internet Options for potential conflicts"

I don't get an option to have the problem fixed on my behalf and I've followed the help info. Still no joy, Help appreciated to stop the info bar from popping up everytime I access
Standard User john2007
(legend) Mon 05-Mar-12 11:47:40
Print Post

Re: Add-in

[re: majestic100] [link to this post]

Which add-on is failing? If you don't know have you tried disabling them one by one to find out?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 05-Mar-12 12:58:47
Print Post

[re: john2007] [link to this post]

Adobe Shockwave Flash Object is the Add-in that I disabled to prevent information bar bar popup

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 05-Mar-12 13:47:22
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I have Adobe Shockwave Flash Object enabled in IE8 on XP SP3 and I have no information bar popup.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User micksharpe
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 05-Mar-12 13:51:11
Print Post

You need to do a virus/adware scan. There are no pop-ups on this site.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Beer is a by-product of the Marmite production process
It Ought to be Easy | Greasemonkey scripts
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 06-Mar-12 10:58:06
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Interesting ? Wonder why yours is OK and mine causes the info bar to pop up.
Standard User majestic100
(newbie) Tue 06-Mar-12 11:03:25
Print Post

[re: micksharpe] [link to this post]

I've run Spybot S&D as well as MalwareBytes Anti-malware plus performing full system AVG virus scan. Absolutely no issues, but still, whenever I access the thinkbroadband site, I get the add-in info bar pop-up message. A strange one.! I've turned off the Add-in for Adobe Shockwave Flash Object.
Standard User Daniel_g
(member) Wed 07-Mar-12 15:21:11
Print Post

Tried googling and then this forum search of "shockwave flash", and up you come with the others.

Started getting yesterday and getting up my nose now.

Taken off version 11. something or whatever it is, put back on and still the same, does on the orange web site as well, not done all the job web sites yet so dont know ( job hunting later).

Is the flash player as disable and all ok.
Is it a windows update of internet explorer.
Really anoying.

Can disable like you but then the orange man dragging down to a road on google maps to turn into street view then won't go as needs this running.

Makes the web pages all singing and dancing I guess so needed, google street maps does.

Lets hope someone knows. Might do the virus scan thing but did all that with malwarebytes and other things receintly.

Not sure it is that but will do the mcafee scan to start with then the freebee things I have.

Worth a go. Who knows.
Standard User john2007
(legend) Wed 07-Mar-12 15:24:41
Print Post

[re: Daniel_g] [link to this post]

Have you tried a different browser, e.g. Firefox?
Standard User Daniel_g
(member) Wed 07-Mar-12 15:31:56
Print Post

[re: john2007] [link to this post]

Hello John

I had thought of that but all time when need to do jobs of the day then tea.

One for tomorow and also wee if I can find a version 10 of the flash player and not 11 as it is off the proper web site.

Might be the current version of that stuffing up. Then they will notice or microsoft, get an auto update and done.

To many favourites to start in firefox but could just keep trying this web site and the top 10 forums ( where the problems are as well) and see. Point proven if it does not do. Will have a go later or tomorrow as no work tomorrow.

Good idea and will do.

Going on the older version on thre player is a thought and will try is can find version 10 as the orange man on google maps needs that and if not running it knows and pushes you to flash site.

A few things to try. Like sais on this forum, only the last few days
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to