Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User GeoffB
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Mar-12 17:20:09
Print Post

Can't print larger web pages

[link to this post]

I can alter the view on the screen to make web pages bigger and easier to read (IE9) but when I try to print a page it reverts to the original print size. Is there a quick way of printing the bigger version? I want to send something to an elderly relative who can't see very well.

Dell Studio 15 with Win7 64bit and 4GB RAM
IE9 and Live Mail
BT Infinity via HH3
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 05-Mar-12 17:52:00
Print Post

Re: Can't print larger web pages

[re: GeoffB] [link to this post]

Rather than do "Print" on them, can you do a "Print Preview"? Then at the top is a size selection box.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Mar-12 18:26:12
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

One of the problems with that is that if the page is zoomed and becomes wider than 1 sheet of paper (whether portrait or landscape) all off to the right is lost.

The only other way I can think of is to screen scrape the relevant info into a document and then size it and print.

Tony

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Mon 05-Mar-12 20:14:52
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

Goto print preview and in the properties, try changing the margins to zero. It might help.

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2012

All Connection Data ~ plusnet

Scottish Labour politician: “The SNP are on a very dangerous tack. What they are doing is trying to build up a situation in Scotland where the services are manifestly better than south of the border in a number of areas.”

Interviewer: ”Is that a bad thing?”

Scottish Labour politician: “No, but they are doing it deliberately.”
  Print Thread

Jump to