Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User GeoffB
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Apr-12 17:24:24
Print Post

Display distorted

[link to this post]

I connected my laptop to my TV by HDMI and had to adjust the display settings on my laptop to synchronise with the TV. All fine, but now I've disconnected I can't get my laptop display back to the way it was. I only have the options of 1024x768 or 800x600 pixels, neither of which are the same display as I had before (I didn't note down what they were unfortunately.)
It's a Dell netbook and I know that display options on these are limited.

Dell Studio 15 with Win7 64bit and 4GB RAM
IE9 and Live Mail
BT Infinity via HH3
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 22-Apr-12 17:34:13
Print Post

Re: Display distorted

[re: GeoffB] [link to this post]

Are you SURE you aren't being offered more options?

Reboot the laptop.

Usually putting the slider up to the top is where it should be on a LCD-type screen.

Zen 8000 Pro
Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Apr-12 17:34:57
Print Post

[re: GeoffB] [link to this post]

If you go into screen resolution there is an option to Detect the monitor.

David

BT (poor) -> Zen (excellent) -> O2 (started well, went downhill -> IDNet (waiting to see)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User GeoffB
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Apr-12 20:47:00
Print Post

[re: ukwiz] [link to this post]

Thank you for replying so quickly. Yes, I've tried those options and still get the distortion. I definitely just get the two 'pixel' choices. By the way, the netbook in question is a Dell Mini (I don't put it in my signature as I usually only use it to take away on trips etc.) If I had to describe it, I'd say that it's all a bit 'elongated'. Perfectly legible and I can live with it, but I'm curious about how this happened. I know that at work when we plug a computer into an interactive board the display is temporarily similar but then goes back to the original size. Anyway, I'll have another go at resolving this tomorrow.
Footnote: I've just tried my Admin account and there are more display choices in 'My Computer' so it's a case of trial and error, I fear. Aren't computers wonderful!!

Dell Studio 15 with Win7 64bit and 4GB RAM
IE9 and Live Mail
BT Infinity via HH3
  Print Thread

Jump to