Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mikebear
(newbie) Thu 24-May-12 09:39:04
Print Post

Problems with .NET updates

[link to this post]

Further to the discussion re. problems with .NET updates,the following short quote from Windows Secrets (paid for) Newsletter may be of help:-

"Some old .NET updates come back to haunt us

On May 21, I started getting reports that three older .NET updates — (KB 2518864 (MS11-044), KB 2572073 (MS11-078), and KB 2633880 (MS12-016) — were being offered over and over again or repeatedly reinstalled on Windows XP and Server 2003 SP2 systems.

As it turns out, the problem wasn’t with these three updates; it was caused by an installation problem with KB 2604092 (MS12-035), a critical .NET 2.0 fix. The patch was republished on May 22 with what Microsoft cryptically calls a “detection change"

I suggest anyone with any interest in Windows would do well to sign up to Windows Secrets http://windowssecrets.com/about/
Try the free version or subscribe to full version ....you choose how much it is worth to you.
Please do not regard this as SPAM.My only connection is as a very satisfied subscriber to a source of much needed information.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-May-12 21:08:55
Print Post

Re: Problems with .NET updates

[re: mikebear] [link to this post]

I used to be signed up to Windows Secrets but most of the tips and articles weren't relevant I unsubcribed. I find google more useful finding solutions to windows problems much more efficient.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Variety LLU
My Broadband Speed Test
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 01-Oct-12 22:37:27
Print Post

*DELETED*

[re: mikebear] [link to this post]

Post deleted by billford

Edited by billford (Mon 01-Oct-12 23:00:59)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to