Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mikebear
(newbie) Thu 24-May-12 09:39:04
Print Post

Problems with .NET updates

[link to this post]
Further to the discussion re. problems with .NET updates,the following short quote from Windows Secrets (paid for) Newsletter may be of help:-

"Some old .NET updates come back to haunt us

On May 21, I started getting reports that three older .NET updates — (KB 2518864 (MS11-044), KB 2572073 (MS11-078), and KB 2633880 (MS12-016) — were being offered over and over again or repeatedly reinstalled on Windows XP and Server 2003 SP2 systems.

As it turns out, the problem wasn’t with these three updates; it was caused by an installation problem with KB 2604092 (MS12-035), a critical .NET 2.0 fix. The patch was republished on May 22 with what Microsoft cryptically calls a “detection change"

I suggest anyone with any interest in Windows would do well to sign up to Windows Secrets
Try the free version or subscribe to full version choose how much it is worth to you.
Please do not regard this as SPAM.My only connection is as a very satisfied subscriber to a source of much needed information.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-May-12 21:08:55
Print Post

Re: Problems with .NET updates

[re: mikebear] [link to this post]
I used to be signed up to Windows Secrets but most of the tips and articles weren't relevant I unsubcribed. I find google more useful finding solutions to windows problems much more efficient.

Tim & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Variety LLU
My Broadband Speed Test
(Unregistered)Mon 01-Oct-12 22:37:27
Print Post

[re: mikebear] [link to this post]
Post deleted by billford

Edited by billford (Mon 01-Oct-12 23:00:59)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to