Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User shaneosborne
(experienced) Wed 18-Jul-12 00:14:51
Print Post

Create an installer package for various software installs

[link to this post]

I have created a Windows 7 (Slipstream Disk) Installation Disk which includes all latest upsates and hotfixes but what I want to know is;

Is there a software program which will allow me to create an installer package of various software, basicly an all in one installer?

If and when it comes to me re-installing windows I don't want to install all of the software applications seperatly but instead use just one package. Software to be included will be ATI Catalyst, Sound Drivers/Software, Printer Software/Drivers, Java, Shockwave and so on...

I have found an online tool which will create an all-in-one installer for various software but this is limited to the applications in the list provided, you can find this tool <here>

Many thanks in advance smile
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Jul-12 00:33:57
Print Post

Re: Create an installer package for various software install

[re: shaneosborne] [link to this post]

You gonna have trouble with paid licences.

Many of those in that list are free.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User shaneosborne
(experienced) Wed 18-Jul-12 00:42:53
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thanks for your reply but what do you mean by 'paid licenses' and how will I experience trouble? :confused:

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IanBB
(regular) Wed 18-Jul-12 03:19:44
Print Post

Why don't you create a system image after you have all the software installed?

It would restore faster than a Windows re-install and will include all software installed including licensed software.
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 21-Jul-12 10:58:00
Print Post

Yes, create a Windows system image. Going down the installer route is not a simple task, and the stuff you want to install is all different (applications, drivers, then Windows patches). Going to end up very complicated indeed.

Zen 8000 Pro
  Print Thread

Jump to