Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TLM
(legend) Tue 11-Sep-12 11:23:03
Print Post

Strange problem with Windows 7 Calculator

[link to this post]

I've recently got a new laptop, and when using the default MS-supplied calculator app, I'm having a strange problem I didn't notice on my old one, which is that it doesn't always respond to "button" presses.

I use the trackpad, not a mouse, and when I tap on the calculator buttons, they blink as if they've been pressed, so there is some reaction, but the actual digit or operator doesn't come up on the display. I thought it may be some problem with the sensitivity of the trackpad, rather than the app itself, and that I might be able to tweak it somewhere, but I couldn't find any trackpad settings that define how sensitive it is to "tap".

Besides, I think the trackpad must be registering the stroke, otherwise why does the calculator button blink?

Also, I haven't noticed a problem with trackpad sensitivity in any other scenario, with any other app. Usually, it responds fine to a normal tap. Just not with the calculator. frown

It's particularly annoying if you're doing quite a long-winded calculation, and suddenly you find the last couple of keystrokes didn't register, and you've multiplied everything by zero, instead of 120, for example.

Any ideas?

T.
Standard User ggremlin
(committed) Tue 11-Sep-12 12:20:30
Print Post

Re: Strange problem with Windows 7 Calculator

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

does it work properly if you plug a mouse in?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 11-Sep-12 12:24:13
Print Post

Change the touch sensitivity in the device driver options in main.cpl. Move the slider towards Light Touch.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Sep-12 15:11:03
Print Post

What happens with the L & R buttons, do they work?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
Standard User DavidFinbarr
(freechataholic) Tue 11-Sep-12 15:38:13
Print Post

Is the cursor still pointing to the number after the click?
As if it moves during the click it can highlight but the number but not register.

A bottle of white, a bottle of red
Perhaps a bottle of rosé instead.

Edited by DavidFinbarr (Tue 11-Sep-12 15:39:04)

Print Thread

Jump to