Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Dec-12 17:43:29
Print Post

In Outlook 201:auto-delete emails from "thetradingfloor@s...

[link to this post]

About once a day I get an email from various apparent sources but the actual sending email address is thetradingfloor followed by an at symbol followed by safe-sender.co.uk. And no, I haven't registered with any of the organisations it claims I have.

It seems to be some sort of spam and always goes into Outlook's Junk E-mail folder. However I've tried to create a rule that causes them to be automatically deleted. So far I've been unsuccessful.

I've tried a rule "with specific words in the message header" of "thetradingfloor", no effect; with "specific words in the senders address" of "thetradingfloor", no effect.

If I run the rule manually the email is deleted, but I want it to be deleted as soon as it arrives and is sent to the Junk E-mail folder.

Any thoughts?

Tony
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Dec-12 17:52:21
Print Post

Re: In Outlook 201:auto-delete emails from "thetradingfloor@

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

Where the FROM line contains thetradingfloor@
Delete it from server

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User roughbeast
(learned) Wed 19-Dec-12 18:23:33
Print Post

I would have it dumped in SPAM at the server before it gets to Outlook. Who is your mail provider?

Virgin Media: 100mb/10Mb , land line, mobiles x2, TV - VIP HD box + TIVO 1Tb box.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Dec-12 18:47:29
Print Post

Re: In Outlook 2010:auto-delete emails from "thetradingfloor

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

There isn't a condition "Where the FROM line contains" in Outlook 2010, the nearest appears to be "with specific words in the sender's address". So I've used this, similar to as before but I've added the "@" symbol. I'll see what happens in the next day or two.

Tony
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Dec-12 18:57:22
Print Post

[re: roughbeast] [link to this post]

Fair point, usually I get very very little spam, and to be honest one of these a day is hardly a major problem. This is with the email anti-spam feature at Eclipse (my ISP) set to 'Low'. I'd prefer not to raise it to 'Medium', let alone 'High', and doing something like this for the sake of 1 spam email a day seems somewhat excessive.

I'll see whether I can get a rule to auto-delete to work.

Tony
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Dec-12 22:45:35
Print Post

Re: In Outlook 2010:auto-delete emails from "thetradingfloor

You can test it w/out waiting for thetradingfloor by faking the From: addy.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to