Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User slippyjim
(experienced) Thu 24-Jan-13 16:06:59
Print Post

Windows 7 bluetooth

[link to this post]

Hiya,

I am having problems with Bluetooth on a new system I've built.
Intel i5-3570
Gigabyte H77m-d3h
2 * 4GB corsair value ram 1333
500GB WD blue
On board graphics
Windows 7 SP1 Home Prem x64

I have tried 2 bluetooth USB adaptors
Belkin F8T016,
Conceptronic cbt2nano v3.0

The Bluetooth devices I am trying to connect are
Plantronics backbeat 903 headphones
E Blue BT501 headphones

Initially I was using the conceptronic adaptor but that did not work with the headphones even with the Toshiba software from the conceptronic website.

Then I tried the Belkin one with the software from the Broadcom website. It all went ok and I managed to connect the headphones no problem, but the Bluetooth fails every time I restart the PC. In device manager there is an exclamation mark over the Bluetooth adaptor and it says “windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)”

In event viewer it says
Warning event ID 3 “a command sent to the adaptor has timed out. The adaptor did not respond”
Error event ID 17 “the local Bluetooth adaptor has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded”

I have searched this problem and there seems to be a fault with windows with exactly the same code 43 and event ID 17 etc when Windows 7 PCs return from standby and there is a hotfix KB982046 which I have tried but that stops with error “the update is not applicable to your computer”

In the past sometimes changing the USB port worked, but even that doesn’t now.

I have done a fresh install of windows with just the drivers and then installed the Bluetooth and still the same result.

The Bluetooth adaptor works absolutely fine on my old PC
Intel E6750 o/c 3.4GHz
Gigabyte p35-s3
2 * 1GB OCZ 1066
500GB Seagate
Nvidia 8500GT 512MB
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate x64

Any ideas?
  Print Thread

Jump to